Local Campaigns with GMB location

Ejg

Sep 16, 2021, 7:50:17 AM9/16/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, currently I'm trying to use the Google Ads API for local campaigns. The Ads account has linked a GMB location Feed, I want to know how from this feed I can create location groups and then create a campaign that targets only the location(s) in this group.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 17, 2021, 3:33:47 PM9/17/21
to edujgue...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Feed Item Sets are the equivalent of a location group in the Google Ads UI. You can then put filters in feed objects by using matching functions (example matching function with feed Item set here) to a customer (CustomerFeedService), campaign (CampaignFeedService), or ad group (AdGroupFeedService).  Feel free to get back to us.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUfOB:ref

Ejg

Sep 21, 2021, 3:35:43 AM9/21/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I see no issue with this flow if I create the location extension feed because this way I have the resource name of the feed that I want to filter. My question now is how can I get the resource name to the location extension feed if the account had one already, considering one account can only have 1 location extension feed linked to gmb.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 10:21:35 PM9/21/21
to edujgue...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I work with Aryeh and allow me to assist you as well.

Regarding your question, are you looking for a way to get location extension details (ex. resource name)? If yes, you can use the extension_feed_item view to retrieve details related to your location feed items, such as its extension_feed_item.resource_name.

For feed item sets, you can use the feed_item_set view instead to retrieve the feed_item_set.resource_name details. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUfOB:ref

Ejg

Sep 22, 2021, 8:33:49 AM9/22/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for the answer it helped a lot. One more question I saw that I can only have one Location Feed for GMB but can I have multiple customer feeds that have as a placeholder_type LOCATION?

Best regards,
Ejg

Ejg

Sep 23, 2021, 4:50:33 AM9/23/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a campaign feed based on the GMB feed but I want to filter by a specific location using FEED_ITEM_ID in the matching function. However I get an error message back saying that the matching function cant be applied to the placeholder_type that I'm using, which is LOCATION. According to documentation (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/extensions/feeds/matching-functions#function_types), " For CampaignFeed and AdGroupFeed, you can use all the function types and function combinations outlined above without additional restriction.". I'm working with Scala using the Java API client, attached you can see my code snippet, the request and the response I get.
request.JPG
response.JPG
code_snippet.JPG

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 24, 2021, 6:11:00 PM9/24/21
to edujgue...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The placeholder type, LOCATION, is for location extension feeds, and as such can there can only be one per account. This is discussed in the location extensions guide.

Regarding your second inquiry, can you please reply to us privately with the unredacted request and response logs in a text file (rather than screenshot)?

Thanks,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo