"keyword_plan_service.generate_forecast_metrics" method doesn't return keyword text

miguel...@jot-im.com

Sep 15, 2021, 6:12:38 AMSep 15
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Trying to get the forecast of a group of keywords (clicks, impressions, cost), I only get the resource_name of them.

Then while using "keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword_service.get_keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword" method to get the keyword text I overpass the quota (Get Requests, 1,000 requests per day)

Will the response include the "keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword" data in the future?

Regards,

Miguel.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 2:45:03 PMSep 16
to miguel...@jot-im.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. For generating forecast metrics, I would recommend using the sample code provided here. If you continue to have issues, please provide us with your complete request and response so we can have a closer look at the issue. Please note that there is a 1,000 get request limit for all API access levels.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUIZh:ref

miguel...@jot-im.com

Sep 20, 2021, 4:11:22 AMSep 20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I will repeat my question.

Will the response include the "keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword" data in the future?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 9:40:04 AMSep 20
to miguel...@jot-im.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, the field "keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword" will be included in the response. Note that for GetKeywordPlanAdGroupKeywordRequest, you’ll get the keyword_plan_ad_group string value which is the Keyword Plan ad group to which this keyword belongs since it returns KeywordPlanAdGroupKeyword.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUIZh:ref

miguel...@jot-im.com

Sep 21, 2021, 4:38:22 AMSep 21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Then keyword text is currently missing in the response. Please include keyword text.

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v8/ForecastMetrics?hl=en

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2021, 12:00:15 AMSep 22
to miguel...@jot-im.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miguel,

Could you share to us the sample response you are receiving? If you haven't yet, you can enable logging by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link.

You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

In addition, you should also be able to take note of the keyword text you specify in your keyword plan and associate it to the response / metrics you recieve.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NUIZh:ref

miguel...@jot-im.com

Sep 23, 2021, 5:26:32 AMSep 23
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Currently I am mapping resource_name and keyword_text but by performance reasons it will affect google API (as many mutate operations as keywords we want to include in every keywordplan since we found out  they appear unsorted in the response) once we deploy the app delaying our service. Including the keyword attributes in the response will minimize the required requests to the API.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 26, 2021, 9:52:32 PMSep 26
to miguel...@jot-im.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miguel,

I am also a member of Google Ads API team and let me provide support to your concern.

I understand the situation that you've described on your current reply. For now, I would suggest to follow our blog as we will post there relevant updates when the field that you are looking for become supported in the said service.

Also, could you confirm if you tried the workaround provided by my colleague, Peter? If not, then please do so to retrieve the information that you are looking for.
"There is actually an alternative apart from using the get requests, that you can use to query your keyword plan details such as, for example, the keyword_plan_ad_group_keyword.text. You can use the search and searchStream methods instead, as discussed here and also here."

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata