sant...@madketing.com.ar

Mar 28, 2018, 9:53:38 AM3/28/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello! I'm starting to work with the AdWords API (Python). Currently we have 22 accounts in Adwords, and many scripts at the account level, so modifying a script implies making changes in 22 accounts, and it is not viable. Therefore, we want to start using the API.
While there are many examples of what can be done with the API, I can not find a way to give it concrete uses. The part that interests me most is optimization and reporting (my own dashboard), but in a totally automatic way. Does anyone have success stories or have they worked in a way that I need? To talk a little and guide me a little on this path (I'm not asking for free code, just a little help to understand everything).
Thank you!

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 28, 2018, 4:09:30 PM3/28/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Each API call will need a target account to be specified in the header. If you have multiple accounts where the same operation needs to be performed, you could look into setting the client customer Id at the run time. Please check here for more details. If all these 22 accounts are under the same MCC account, you could use the ManagerCustomerService.get() to get all client accounts under this MCC and set the client Ids at the run time as described above. Please check this sample in reporting, which downloads report of a specific type from all the client account under an MCC. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team