Custom Conversion Goal

Guilherme Barros

May 22, 2024, 8:35:07 PMMay 22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello there,
I've been trying to add a custom conversion goal into my campaign and I'm getting this message back
{"errors":[{"error_code":{"mutate_error":"RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND"},"message":"Resource was not found.","location":{"field_path_elements":[{"field_name":"operations","index":0},{"field_name":"update"},{"field_name":"custom_conversion_goal"}]}}]

I've checked if the custom conversion goal exists and all the data seems right, could anyone help me?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 22, 2024, 8:51:48 PMMay 22
to guil...@sunday.market, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Note that RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND error are one of the common mutate errors. The common cause is when the request attempts to mutate or otherwise reference a resource that does not exist or has been removed. Or, the given resource name for the resource is malformed. To handle this, use a search request to retrieve the resource name for an existing resource before submitting a mutate request.

Also, in order to debug the issue, provide us with the complete API logs (request and response with request-id and request header) generated at your end.

If you are using a client library and haven't enabled the logging yet, I would request you to enable logging for the specific client library that you are using. You can refer to the guides Java.NetPHPPythonRuby or Perl to enable logging at your end. For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ4Fx:ref" (ADR-00236109)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Guilherme Barros

May 23, 2024, 8:34:06 PMMay 23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I'm getting this error now

Operation Payload: [

  {

    "update": {

      "conversion_goal_campaign_config": {

        "campaign": "customers/{costumerID}/campaigns/21298321568",

        "resource_name": "customers/{costumerID}/conversionGoalCampaignConfigs/6450539555",

        "goal_config_level": "CUSTOMER"

      }

    },

    "resource_name": "customers/{costumerID}/conversionGoalCampaignConfigs/21252483303",

    "update_mask": {

      "paths": [

        "campaign",

        "custom_conversion_goal",

        "goal_config_level"

      ]

    }

  }

]

Custom conversion goal inserted successfully: {

  "results": [

    {

      "resource_name": "customers/1670898788/conversionGoalCampaignConfigs/21252483303",

      "conversion_goal_campaign_config": null

    }

  ]

}

   "conversion_goal_campaign_config": null

I'm not sure why it is not adding anything into it.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 24, 2024, 1:40:54 AMMay 24
to guil...@sunday.market, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From the below information, it appears that you are including the field 'campaign' in the update operation. But as per this API documentation, the 'campaign' field is immutable. Also, you have not included the 'customConversionGoal' field in the update operation but added it in the field mask.

I would recommend you refer to these guides on ConversionGoalCampaignConfigOperation and ConversionGoalCampaignConfig for more information regarding the update operation on conversion goal campaign config.

So, kindly modify the request and provide us with the updated API logs (request and response with request-id and request header) generated at your end. Include the complete logs by following the above hyperlinks.

Guilherme Barros

May 24, 2024, 8:32:09 PMMay 24
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I was able to add it into the campaign the only problem I'm having is  it is adding another type of conversion into the campaign as well. As the pictures belowScreenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.37.14 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.37.30 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.37.30 AM.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 27, 2024, 3:55:57 AMMay 27
to guil...@sunday.market, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In order to debug your issue further, please provide the updated complete API logs (requestresponserequest-id and request header) generated at your device to better assist you.

You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.