Google Ads API - get whole data with final url and tracking parameter

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2021, 1:35:31 PM9/15/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Im using final url report and want to read out the whole final url. In my ad there is a final url,
maybe www.xxx.com

In my campaign i have this tracking-template:
{lpurl}?campaignid={campaignid}&adgroupid={adgroupid}&keyword={keyword}&device={device}&type=whatever

How can i read out this data, so to see the whole url in my report?
Which report i can use, i think with final url it will not work.

I also tried ad performance report and landing page report, but i never get the data in this format:
www.xxx.com?campaignid=xxx&adgroupid=xxx&keyword=xxx&device=xxx&type=xxx

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 11:11:37 PM9/16/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Thank you for reaching out to our API support team.

Since you mentioned using the Final URL Report, could you confirm if you have already tried using the below fields of the said report : You may also check out this section on how to track upgraded URLs in reports. Let us know how this goes on your end.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2021, 6:06:57 AM9/20/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey,
Yes i tried EffectiveFinalUrlTemplate and EffectiveFinalUrl
But there the i don't get the data from the template.

Best regards

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 2:46:48 AM9/21/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dominik,

This is Yasar and I work with Peter. Let me assist you with this.

Since you were not able to get the data for the field EffectiveFinalUrl and EffectiveTrackingUrlTemplate for the Final URL Report, could you provide us with the Customer ID and full query report definition in XML or AWQL format, so that our team can check?

You may then send these requested details via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2021, 5:28:49 AM9/29/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey.
I replied privately.
Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 29, 2021, 9:59:38 PM9/29/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Thank you for providing further details. I am also a member of Google Ads API team and let me provide support to your concern.

If you are looking for the URL where tracking parameters are replaced with actual values, then I am afraid that this is not possible currently. However, I can raise a feature request to my team for this but you may provide sample use case first why you need this feature. Also, please provide screenshots of URL where tracking parameters are replaced with actual values in the UI so that I can also present it in the feature request that I am going to create.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2021, 12:09:27 AM9/30/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
yes, i already wrote this in my first post, what i want to get from the api?
Is it possible with another report?

The final url should be the url where all tracking parameters are replaced, because this is the called url from the ads?

Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2021, 3:08:50 PM9/30/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

I understand that you are trying to extract the template in the form:

  "www.xxx.com?campaignid=xxx&adgroupid=xxx&keyword=xxx&device=xxx&type=xxx"

However, this is unavailable in the AdWords API, and given that the API will sunset in April 2022, no more features will be added. I recommend migrating to the Ads API at your earliest convenience. Additionally, you might try using the Expanded URL in the Ads API to get the URL in the form you mentioned.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 1:32:22 AM10/1/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
So with this ADS API expanded URL It is possible?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 3, 2021, 10:28:09 PM10/3/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

When using the Google Ads API, you can try and use the expanded_landing_page_view. Let us know how this goes on your end. Should the report not be able to return the expected value, let us know and provide the generated request and response logs, with the request-id, so our team can create a feature request.

In addition, logging can be enabled in the Google Ads API by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2021, 11:53:40 PM10/3/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
I just want to use it if it is possible with this report?
Who can tell me if it works?

best regards

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 4, 2021, 11:15:21 PM10/4/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Dominik,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've tried the expanded_landing_page_view as previously suggested; however, we found that this view doesn't also extract the template in the form ( "www.xxx.com?campaignid=xxx&adgroupid=xxx&keyword=xxx&device=xxx&type=xxx"). That said, allow me to raise a feature request for this. However, please note that raising this feature request doesn't guarantee if this will be supported in the API soon. In the meantime, you can follow our blog for updates and new releases.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NURRB:ref

dominik.r...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 1:58:02 AM10/5/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
So we can say, for google ads or google adwords api templates are nor usable?

Regards,
Dominik

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 5, 2021, 7:40:43 PM10/5/21
to dominik.r...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Our team has attempted to extract the template in the form that you have requested. However, we have found this is not supported, and so we have made an internal feature request on your behalf. The best way to monitor new features in the Ads API is to subscribe to the Ads API blog.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo