Unsupported Content Label Exclusions

Dorian Kind

Apr 10, 2018, 11:03:54 AM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

currently there's a number of content label exclusions that can be set in the Web UI, but are returned with ContentLabelType "UNKNOWN" and thus cannot be added to a campaign or account using the API. As far as I can see, the following content labels are affected:

"Content suitable for families": Returned as a single criterion with "UNKOWN" type
"Sensitive social issues": Returned as two separate criteria, both with type "UNKNOWN"
"Tragedy and conflict": Returned as two separate criteria types, one being "TRAGEDY" and one "UNKNOWN"

What's interesting about the last case is that when you add the "TRAGEDY" criterion on the account level, the "Tragedy and conflict" checkbox in the web UI is checked, even without adding the second "UNKNOWN" criterion (which is of course impossible anyway).
Could it be that the second "UNKNOWN" criterion in that scenario refers to the no longer available "CONFLICT" content label?

As for the first two cases, when can we expect to be able to set these exclusions over the API? Or are these referring to obsolete content labels as well?

Thanks for your feedback and best regards,
Dorian

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Apr 10, 2018, 3:59:27 PM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Dorian,

Please check this section of the guide for Enums which are available and which have been deprecated via the API in the ContentLabelType. The deprecated ones include CONFLICT as you had pointed out and the TRAGEDY includes Tragedy and Conflict in its description. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on when the other values will be available but you can keep an eye on our Blog to check what will be included in future releases.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team