TargetingIdeaService Error: Google API Ads Common Lib Auth Token Exception: The remote server returned an error (404) . I am getting this error when I tried the adwords function in Excel

GrowX Digital

Dec 6, 2019, 6:14:57 AM12/6/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I applied for an API for Adwords API. Got developer token for test account.

Installed and ran setup from SEO gadget for Keyword research directly through excel.

When I tried using the function =getAdWordAvg it throws me error as TargetingIdeaService Error: Google API Ads Common Lib Auth Token Exception: The remote server returned an error (404).

Whats the issue here?

Should I need to get approved before doing this or test level account access developer token is okay?

Or should I apply for basic level access of google adwords api for this?

I installed using this reference link:- https://builtvisible.com/seogadget-for-excel/

Kindly let me know where is the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 6, 2019, 1:55:03 PM12/6/19
to dig...@gxpartners.co, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If you want to make calls against a developer token with test access, you need to create a test account as explained here.  Test accounts allow you to try out new API implementations or account configurations, prior to implementing the changes in your production environment. If you would like to make a call with a production account, you need to apply for basic access first by filling out this form.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UODzX9:ref

Tejas Rane

Dec 16, 2019, 5:15:26 AM12/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

 <configSections>

   <section name="AdWordsApi" type="System.Configuration.DictionarySectionHandler"/>

 </configSections>

 <AdWordsApi>

   <!-- Change the appropriate flags to turn on SOAP logging. -->

   <add key="LogPath" value="C:\Logs\"/>

   <add key="LogToConsole" value="false"/>

   <add key="LogToFile" value="false"/>

   <add key="MaskCredentials" value="true"/>

   <add key="LogErrorsOnly" value="false"/>

    <!-- Fill the following values if you plan to use a proxy server.-->

   <add key="ProxyServer" value=""/>

   <add key="ProxyUser" value=""/>

   <add key="ProxyPassword" value=""/>

   <add key="ProxyDomain" value=""/>

    <!-- Use this key to change the default timeout for Ads services

       (in milliseconds.)-->

   <add key="Timeout" value="100000"/>

    <!-- Use this key to enable or disable gzip compression in SOAP requests.-->

   <add key="EnableGzipCompression" value="true"/>

    <!-- Fill the header values. -->

   <add key="UserAgent" value="ENTER_YOUR_COMPANY_OR_APPLICATION_NAME_HERE"/>

   <add key="Email" value="ENTER_YOUR_EMAIL_HERE"/>

   <add key="Password" value="ENTER_YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE"/>

   <add key="DeveloperToken" value="ENTER_YOUR_DEVELOPER_TOKEN_HERE"/>

   <!-- Application token is now optional and will be ignored by the server.-->

   <!-- <add key="ApplicationToken" value="ENTER_YOUR_APPLICATION_TOKEN_HERE"/> -->

    <!-- Uncomment this key and comment ClientEmail if you want to specify

        customer id instead of customer email. -->

   <!-- <add key="ClientCustomerId"

       value="ENTER_YOUR_CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_HERE"/> -->

    <!-- Uncomment this if you want to reuse an authToken multiple times. -->

   <!--<add key="AuthToken" value="ENTER_YOUR_AUTH_TOKEN_HERE"/> -->

    <!-- Uncomment this key if you want to use v13 sandbox. -->

   <!-- <add key="LegacyAdWordsApi.Server" value="https://sandbox.google.com"/> -->

    <!-- Uncomment this key if you want to use AdWords API sandbox. -->

   <!-- <add key="AdWordsApi.Server" value="https://adwords-sandbox.google.com"/> -->

 </AdWordsApi>

 <system.web>

   <webServices>

     <soapExtensionTypes>

       <add type="Google.Api.Ads.Common.Lib.SoapListenerExtension, Google.Ads.Common"

            priority="1" group="0"/>

     </soapExtensionTypes>

   </webServices>

 </system.web>

 <system.net>

   <settings>

     <httpWebRequest maximumErrorResponseLength="-1"  />

   </settings>

 </system.net>

</configuration>

Hi,

I have now access to the basic developer token as well. I have a config.php file in the excel sheet where I am using.

What should be filled here. ? Little confused. I have added developer token, company name, email id and password.

Still Getting TargetingIdeaService.get Error: Google.Api.Ads.Common.Lib.AuthTokenException- The remote server returned an error :(404) Not found.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 16, 2019, 9:32:29 AM12/16/19
to tejas...@gxpartners.co, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tejas,

Please follow the instructions here for setting up your config file. You need to specify the devceloperToken, clientCustomerId, clientId, clientSecret, refreshToken in order to make calls. You can get the refresh token by following the instructions here.