TargetingIdeaService does not return results for certain keywords

Parijat Ghoshal

Jun 3, 2020, 9:36:26 AM6/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'm using the GoogleAds API with the  Python library.

My goal is to get 'SEARCH_VOLUME', 'TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES' for a given keyword.
However, when I'm using the GoogleAds API ( see code below) I'm not getting results for certain keywords.
E.g. if I search for 'virus' I get:
{
    'totalNumEntries': 0,
    'entries': []
}

but searching for 'germ' gives back results.

Access level: I'm using AdWords API token that has been approved for Basic Access.

My code:

from googleads import adwords

adwords_client
= adwords.AdWordsClient.LoadFromStorage('googleads.yml')

targeting_idea_service
= adwords_client.GetService('TargetingIdeaService', version='v201809')
selector
= {

'ideaType': 'KEYWORD',

'requestType': 'IDEAS'
}
selector
['requestedAttributeTypes'] = [

'KEYWORD_TEXT', 'SEARCH_VOLUME', 'TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES']

offset
= 0
PAGE_SIZE
= 1
selector
['paging'] = {

'startIndex': str(offset),

'numberResults': str(PAGE_SIZE)
}

selector
['searchParameters'] = [{

'xsi_type': 'RelatedToQuerySearchParameter',

'queries': [ 'virus']
}]

page
= targeting_idea_service.get(selector)

print(page)

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 3, 2020, 12:36:23 PM6/3/20
to parijat...@nzz.ch, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parijat,

You should also see this behavior reflected in the Keyword Planner. If you want to find out why these results are 0, I'd suggest reaching out to the product team.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20VoSN:ref