Incompatibility between Google API and Google lead forms tests generated via Zapier

Amandine Menain

Oct 20, 2021, 5:41:52 AM10/20/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

We have an issue in integrating data from Google ads lead forms into our LMS (Hubspot) which is done via Zapier.

The "First Name" and "Last Name" fields from our Google forms are not currently integrated into Hubspot via our Zapier connection.

The issue comes from a change in the Google API that changed the title of these fields in v8.0 (June 9, 2021)

But in the Google lead form tests generated by Google via Zapier, the old fields are still used.

As the new fields don’t appear in the tests, we cannot select them in Zapier as reference fields and in Hubspot our "First name" and "Last name" fields are empty instead of using the first and last name entered by the user in the Google lead form.

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/release-notes#asset

The new Google API fields are :

FIRST_NAME

LAST_NAME

The fields used by Google in the Zapier tests are :

GIVEN_NAME

FAMILY_NAME

Rendering in Hubspot :

-

-

Do you know if this bug is already identified and when it could be fixed?

Thanks for your support,

Amandine

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 20, 2021, 3:58:20 PM10/20/21
to amandin...@atelierdeschefs.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amandine,

What I understand is that you created lead forms with version 8 of the API, but the connection Zapier has with Ads only has the old field names, so you don't have access to names on leads generated using your Zapier connection. If this is correct, then you can receive support from product support and you can tell them they need to change their tests. The API has no method to download leads.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team