Google Ads API: cannot update app campaign ad group ad descriptions and headline

Mike

Apr 30, 2020, 5:38:08 AM4/30/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

when trying to update descriptions and headlines in app campaign through Google Ads API I get the following:

Error: Field 'ad.app_ad.descriptions' cannot be modified by 'UPDATE' operation.
    at AdGroupAdService.<anonymous> (C:\projects\dsp-jobs\node_modules\google-ads-api\build\services\service.js:178:23)
    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
    at rejected (C:\projects\dsp-jobs\node_modules\google-ads-api\build\services\service.js:6:65)
    at <anonymous>

I can do it through Google Ads UI. Why? is this a bug?

Mike

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 30, 2020, 12:51:55 PM4/30/20
to mnik...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to this guide on description of each Ad Type. As you can see that app ad is not mutable, it cannot be modified by 'UPDATE' operation.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UaSwm6:ref