Copy Google Ads data model

Tiep Vu

Sep 29, 2022, 8:25:56 AM9/29/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi experts,
I'm trying to copy Google Ads data model to my company's local storage: I'd like to retrieve campaign pacing, all setting changes e.g. bid price, target criteria, and resulted performant metrics. Does this page contain all the data objects used by Google Ads UI, or at least sufficient for my purpose please: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v11/GoogleAdsRow?

Any suggestions to complete my task would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 29, 2022, 10:11:20 AM9/29/22
to tiep....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiep,

Thank you for reaching out to our support team.

The Google Ads API's reporting is designed for retrieving attributes and or statistics on a per resource level of an account, and would not be able to pull all the information all at once.

That said, for general campaign and ad group ad information, you may use the GoogleAdsService's search or searchStream methods (see guide) to pull the below reports : For targeted criteria, these also have their own separate reports. You can refer here for more details. Below also are the common criteria reports with supported metrics that you can use : In addition, using the query builder can also help in constructing your queries for the above resources. Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eulZb:ref

Tiep Vu

Sep 30, 2022, 4:22:15 AM9/30/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thank Peter so much for your quick response!
I understand that I can only retrieve a single resource at a time.
But if I retrieve multiple resources individually, can I reconstruct everything (including various interrelated settings) we have on the Google Ads UI, please?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 30, 2022, 10:07:40 AM9/30/22
to tiep....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiep,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that you wish to somehow join your account's resources and create a structure. However, a direct feature is unfortunately currently not supported. What I can recommend is that you refer to this entity relationship guide if you wish to manually create a data structure of your account's entities.

Should you then wish for more information on how a Google Ads account is structured, you may also reach out to the Google Ads Product Support team, via this link, for further insights.

Now, going back to the Google Ads API's reports, you can then associate other resources to the one the specific report specializes in, by referring to the Attributed resources section of that report's documentation.

I hope this helps.

Tiep Vu

Oct 1, 2022, 12:53:42 AM10/1/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I interpret your reply as my wish being doable! That is, all the entities we see on the Google Ads UI are retrievable through API. It's just that a lot of effort is required to connect them together.

Unfortunately, the mentioned entity relationship guide is helpful, but doesn't draw a full picture of all entities and relationships, so I definitely have to reach out to Google Ads Product Support team for help on finding the relationships among various entities (How a Google Ads account is structured into entities).

For your information, my company business side might want me to present the data in different ways in an ad hoc manner, that's why I need to fully identify entities and understand their relationships. That's quite a challenge to me.

Thank you for your support, sincerely!