Google shopping api Request had insufficient authentication scopes

陈以

Jan 28, 2021, 10:06:30 PM1/28/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi all:

I make a request to Google shopping by curl:

curl --request POST \

'https://shoppingcontent.googleapis.com/content/v2.1/products/batch?key=[YOUR_API_KEY]' \

--header 'Authorization: Bearer [YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN]' \

--header 'Accept: application/json' \

--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \

--data '{"entries":[]}' \

--compressed

and the response is :

{ "error": { "code": 403, "message": "Request had insufficient authentication scopes.", "errors": [ { "message": "Insufficient Permission", "domain": "global", "reason": "insufficientPermissions" } ], "status": "PERMISSION_DENIED" } }

my ACCESS_TOKEN and API_KEY is gotten in https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials

But the method "Verify and claim your website URL in Business information", I didn't pass. Does it cause to the 403 error?

I wonder if I miss any critical method, that I can't request the api successfully.

捕获2.PNG

By the way, how can I get my merchant_id?

Expecting your reply, thank you!