Traffic Estimator vs Bid Landscape

Charlie Truong

Jun 3, 2020, 9:39:05 PM6/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Does the traffic estimator account for different max bid per click values as well as the bid landscape service?  I'm looking to optimize specific locations, and I'm considering to feed different bid values to get different estimates for activity.

I know that's generally what the bid landscape service provides, but it doesn't support location specific results.  Is using the traffic estimator in this manner ok or does it not really care about different bid values and mainly is used for keyword planning?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 4, 2020, 12:18:56 PM6/4/20
to charlie.tru...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie,

Thank you for reaching out. The TrafficEstimatorService does take into account CPC value when projecting traffic metrics. This is done by specifying the maxCPC of the AdGroupEstimateRequest.

While the estimates will be on the keyword level, you could keep the keywords constant and just change the maxCPC value to see how this impacts your metrics.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20W39H:ref