Reporting on geographic_view returns duplicate country rows

Fan Wang

Jul 2, 2024, 10:12:16 AMJul 2
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Dear Ads DevRel team,

I hope this email finds everyone well!

I'm reaching out to request your assistance regarding the GAQL report for geographic_view, specifically for external CID 7703736321. According to the DevSite documentation,

"Geographic View includes all metrics aggregated at the country level, one row per country."

However, as indicated in the attached log, I have observed 2 rows with country_criterion_id: 2840 - US.

Could you please review this and share your insights?

Thanks and best regards,

Fan

googleads.log

Fan Wang

Jul 4, 2024, 10:29:15 AMJul 4
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi team,

Any updates on this issue?

BR.
Fan

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 4, 2024, 1:08:49 PMJul 4
to wfa...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fan,

It appears that you might have missed our previous response. Please find the previous response below for your reference :

Based on the information provided, I understand that you want to know why the two rows with country_criterion_id 2840 are being retrieved. Upon checking the logs, I noticed that the geographic_view.location_type is different for each row, one has AREA_OF_INTEREST and the other has LOCATION_OF_PRESENCE. This difference in location type is why two rows are being retrieved for the same country_criterion_id.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJXZW:ref" (ADR-00244893)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!