RE: Channel type PERFORMANCE_MAX missing in ad_group_ad reports

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2022, 5:11:18 PM2/28/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. With regards to your concern, it looks like we have a duplicate thread for this issue. We can keep correspondence related to this issue on the other thread and I will close this thread to avoid any kind of confusion. Also, it has more context than this thread.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Jakeia Sabrina
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XjuEw:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2022, 5:24:55 PM2/28/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for raising your concern. Yes, based on our API document and product level document, there is no step or process that is discussed about creating ads for Performance Max Campaign. With this, it appears ad is not supported for this type of campaign and this is also the reason why you can't get any data using ad_group_ad. You may confirm this in your UI.
The Google Ads API supports performance max report data only at campaign level, not ads level. Also, please make sure to not select an AdGroup when querying Performance Max campaigns, as no campaigns will be returned, please find more details here. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Jakeia Sabrina
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XjuEm:ref
Message has been deleted

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 22, 2023, 2:59:48 PM8/22/23
to ryanca...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for bumping up on this Forum thread. I hope that you are doing well today.

As per checking on the ad_group_ad the campaign is included as a attributed resource. This means that you can use the fields from the campaign report in the ad_group_ad report. You may try the sample query I made below:

SELECT
campaign.advertising_channel_type, campaign.namead_group.name, ad_group_ad.ad.name, metrics.clicks,
metrics.impressions FROM ad_group_ad WHERE
campaign.advertising_channel_type = 'PERFORMANCE_MAX'

Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XjuEm:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team
​​​​​​​