Traffic Estimate Service java api giving different results compare to google ads UI

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 15, 2019, 4:24:46 AM11/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

But, i am getting different results in java api compared to google ads UI. Please find the attached screenshot.

For the keyword Sandals: results from adwords java api
Estimated average CPC avg: 1.4
Estimated ad position avg: 4.66
Estimated daily clicks avg: 622.17
Estimated daily cost avg: 190.75
Estimated daily impressions avg: 1713.14
Estimated CTR avg: 0.49

From google ads ui for the same keyword:

keywordplan.png

Please let me know how to resolve this? I can send the source code and customer id, if required.

Suresh

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 15, 2019, 9:44:41 AM11/15/19
to suresh.s...@cloudsense.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for reaching out. Please provide your client customer ID and the complete SOAP logs for your request via reply privately to author so that I can investigate the issue further. Here is a guide on how to enable logging.

Regards,

Mitchell

Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOCCbF:ref

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 17, 2019, 11:57:09 PM11/17/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I have sent the client customer id privately to you.  Also, please let me know, will there be any recommendation response from the search query for a test account?
Since mine is a test account and I am getting empty response from the recommendation search query.

Suresh

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 19, 2019, 11:24:51 AM11/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 19, 2019, 8:43:56 PM11/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I have sent the latest SOAP logs in private. Can you please check and get back ?

Suresh

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 20, 2019, 10:03:26 AM11/20/19
to suresh.s...@cloudsense.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suresh,

I noticed that your CID 957-157-2507 is a test account. As clarified in this guide, the estimation you got via the TrafficEstimatorService is dummy data.

I tested with my production CID and the results are very close to what you got on the Keyword Planner UI. So sending the same request to a production account would solve this issue.

Please feel free to let me know for future concerns.

Thanks and regards,
Fan

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 20, 2019, 1:37:17 PM11/20/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I do not have any production accounts to test now. Can you post sample output from the any of the production account for the keyword Sandals with Broad match type?

Suresh

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 20, 2019, 9:59:41 PM11/20/19
to suresh.s...@cloudsense.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suresh,

My test results are as below:

Results for the keyword with text 'Sandals' and match type 'BROAD':

Estimated average CPC: 747926 ~ 914132

Estimated ad position: 1.6178433528964613 ~ 1.3236899522501782

Estimated daily clicks: 1578.5046 ~ 1929.2834

Estimated daily cost: 1311783808 ~ 1603291264

The source code is as attached - I modified the Java code sample a little bit to demonstrate the min and max prediction. Please also be aware that the result is not 100% parity with KeywordPlanner UI as the date range is not included in this API.

BTW, I would strongly recommend you applying for a production account because the reporting data for test account - clicks, impressions are often zeroed out without actual ads serving.

Thanks
EstimateKeywordTraffic.java

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 21, 2019, 5:23:45 AM11/21/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

What are the criteria to create a production account? Is it possible to create production account without creating campaigns and budget?

Suresh

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 21, 2019, 8:46:57 AM11/21/19
to suresh.s...@cloudsense.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suresh,

Yes, you can register for a product account following this guide or a product manager account like this.

Account creation is the 1st step  -  you can create campaigns and budgets afterwards.

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 27, 2019, 5:17:13 AM11/27/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

How can I set the date range in TrafficEstimateService?

Suresh.

Suresh Kumar Shenbagam

Nov 27, 2019, 7:34:34 AM11/27/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 27, 2019, 9:55:04 PM11/27/19
to suresh.s...@cloudsense.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suresh,

As clarified in below email thread,  date range is not included in this API.