How to get 'campaign type' (Search Network only”, “Display Network only”, “Search Network with Display Select”) from google adwords api?

larisa bolgova

Mar 3, 2014, 11:05:26 AM3/3/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Could you help me with next question.

We alredy loaded 'networkSettings', but it contains another parametres - targetGoogleSearch, targetSearchNetwork, targetContentNetwork, targetPartnerSearchNetwork. All parametres are null, but only 'targetContentNetwork' contains value(true or false).

 How to compare this loaded data with 'campaign type'?

Thank you.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Mar 3, 2014, 5:25:16 PM3/3/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larisa,

Campaign type parameter is not available through AdWords API yet, this might become available in a future version of AdWords API.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen
AdWords API Advisor.

Christian Borck

Feb 24, 2015, 12:36:09 PM2/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this topic yet?

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Feb 25, 2015, 8:39:45 AM2/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is not a 1-1 mapping between the campaign types you see in the UI and an attribute in the API. Instead, you'll want to look at the combination of the following attributes on the Campaign object:
The UI has more fine-grained campaign types because those types control specific features of the UI. When you create a campaign through the API, it will be an All features campaign.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team