MCC dashboard -> Partners program -> Badge status bug with gmail users

LDL

Feb 19, 2020, 8:02:38 AM2/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi all,

dozens of agencies that gave access to their MCC to their agency users with a @gmail.com account are experiencing a bug that is showing them all the @gmail.com users (agency AND clients accounts) with the following message "Your company needs to have at least 50% of users (xyz users) with updated Google Ads certifications in Search, Display, Video, Shopping, which can be earned in Skillshop (formerly known as Academy for Ads).", this can be found under: MCC dashboard -> Partners program -> Badge status Takes effect by: end of June, 2020.
Several agencies contacted the google ads support several times (personally 8 times with screenshots) about this but the only suggestion is to remove all the agency users with a gmail account from admin of the MCC (including the certified ones) or give only read access to all clients with a gmail.

It's clear that this is not a solution to the problem because if there's a need for more than one admin to an MCC why should we downgrade all the @gmail users to read only, and why should we ask to our clients with a @gmail to either get certified or give them read only access in order to not lose the badge? Clients with a @gmail should not be counted as users of the agency only because the agency is using @gmail.com accounts to access the MCC.

I'm writing here to try to understand if someone can actually talk to the API department in charge of how MCC admins and clients users are tied to the MCC so that they can fix this simple users hierarchy problem.

Thank you