FINAL_URL_REPORT gives me empty data!

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 8, 2020, 6:21:03 PM6/8/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello everyone.

I just implemented the GoogleAds API and I could perform all the examples provided in the original package, but now that I am trying to pull the data I need for myself, I have a problem.

I am trying to download yesterday's final URLs of our shopping campaign, which should include pretty much the same information I can manually download from the "Landing Pages" report in the GoogleAds management portal, but instead, I get zeros... see below...

I use the PHP library, and here is my code for the call:

 $query = (new ReportQueryBuilder())
           ->select([
             'EffectiveFinalUrl',
               'Clicks',
               'Conversions'
           ])
           ->from(ReportDefinitionReportType::FINAL_URL_REPORT)
           ->where('CampaignId')->in(['my_campaign_id_here'])
           ->duringDateRange(ReportDefinitionDateRangeType::YESTERDAY)
           ->build();

// Download report as a string.
       $reportDownloader = new ReportDownloader($session);
       // Optional: If you need to adjust report settings just for this one
       // request, you can create and supply the settings override here.
       // Otherwise, default values from the configuration
       // file (adsapi_php.ini) are used.
       $reportSettingsOverride = (new ReportSettingsBuilder())
           ->includeZeroImpressions(false)
           ->build();
       $reportDownloadResult = $reportDownloader->downloadReportWithAwql(
           sprintf('%s', $query),
           $reportFormat,
           $reportSettingsOverride
       );
       print "Report was downloaded and printed below:\n";
       print $reportDownloadResult->getAsString();

What I get back is just this:

"FINAL_URL_REPORT (Jun 7, 2020)"

Final URL,Clicks,Conversions

Total,0,0.00

Any ideas? Do you see anything wrong? What I'd expect is a list of the ad's final URLs with their clicks and conversions values.

Any help is really appreciated, thank you in advance!

Best,
Fab.

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 9, 2020, 10:03:19 AM6/9/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Anyone can help me with this?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 9, 2020, 1:02:16 PM6/9/20
to fabri...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fab,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please provide your customer ID so that I can take a closer look? Ensure you "Reply privately to author" when providing this information.

Regards,
Danica, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20XGMo:ref

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 10, 2020, 5:15:27 PM6/10/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Danica, did you get my private reply yesterday? Please, let me know. Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 10, 2020, 5:25:46 PM6/10/20
to fabri...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fab,

No, I did not receive your reply. Did you send it through the "Reply privately to author" option? Can you please try sending it again?

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 10, 2020, 5:29:06 PM6/10/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Just replied to you again privately. Please, let me know if you got it.

Thanks!

Fab.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 10, 2020, 5:32:34 PM6/10/20
to fabri...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fab,

Yes, I received your reply containing your customer client ID. If you can attach the logs again, that would be great!

Thanks,

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 10, 2020, 6:22:47 PM6/10/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Just in case, here is again the output I get:

"FINAL_URL_REPORT (Jun 9, 2020)"

Final URL,Clicks,Conversions

Total,0,0.00

Not sure if you got it privately.

Thanks.

Fab.

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 11, 2020, 12:00:06 PM6/11/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Danica, any news about this?

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 11, 2020, 7:07:29 PM6/11/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Ok, it looks like I could accomplish what I needed by using the LANDING_PAGE_REPORT report instead. But... I am getting a limited sample of records in the report. For example, if I ask the Landing Page report on the GoogleAds report for "yesterday" June 10th, I get over 21,000 records over there. The API returns just a little over 500. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Fab.

Fabrizio Ferrari

Jun 11, 2020, 7:13:53 PM6/11/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Never mind, figured out. I asked just for clicks and the API returned just the records with 1 or more clicks, not the zero clicks. To return evertynig I had to ask for Impressions as well.

All problems solved!