Discrepancy between UI forecast data and generateForecastMetrics (Test Account)

Duyt Suporte

Jun 20, 2020, 12:38:25 PM6/20/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I have been playing with the scripts under https://github.com/googleads/google-ads-python/tree/master/examples/planning but for some reason they are returning different results than the ones I can see on the UI. For example, the script gives me this for the campaign created

campaign_forecast {
    impressions {
      value: 25435.736328125
    }
    ctr {
      value: 0.040775395929813385
    }
    average_cpc {
      value: 959205
    }
    clicks {
      value: 1037.1522216796875
    }
    cost_micros {
      value: 994841367
    }
  }

but if I go to the UI I see those results on the campaign that was created

Also, even though I set the forecast interval to NEXT_MONTH the campaign is still being created for the NEXT_QUARTER.

I am wondering if this is due to the Test Account, if I am using those scripts incorrectly or if the API is just not ready. Does anyone knows?

Thanks