Unable to change a single campaign to Maximize Conversions

cbeau...@acquisio.com

Aug 31, 2020, 1:47:19 PM8/31/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to set a single campaign to Maximize Conversions bidding Strategy with C# api version 4. Can you provide me an example on how to do this because i tried many things and none work.

Thanks

Claude

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 1, 2020, 1:30:34 PM9/1/20
to cbeau...@acquisio.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claude,

Thanks for reaching out! You can take a look at this documentation for sample code on how to set a standard MAXIMIZE_CONVERSION_VALUE bidding strategy when creating a new campaign.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Google Logo
Danica
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q23w2tN:ref

Claude Beauchemin

Sep 1, 2020, 1:43:20 PM9/1/20
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Danica,

Yes i already know this way and this is for maximize conversions value. Maximize conversions has no inner property so when changing the strategy to that type, no change is detected.

Thanks

Claude

Dec 3, 2020, 6:16:21 AM12/3/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I have exactly the same problem, even in v6 (c# client).  campaign.MaximizeConversions = new MaximizeConversions() doesn't do it, even though the field mask picks the change before sending the mutation request: {"resourceName":"...", "maximizeConversions": { } }. It looks like it's the same case with strategies without properties, e.g. manual cpm, manual cpv and target cpm.

cbeau...@acquisio.com

Dec 4, 2020, 9:27:56 AM12/4/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Alex, its not solved yet, I even sent a trace of what's happening and got no answer from there, its kind of weird because we are encouraged to use smart bidding for campaigns and the smart bidding dont work in new apis (v1 - 6) yet.
Regards,
Claude

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 9, 2022, 10:50:54 AM8/9/22
to cbeau...@acquisio.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

Upon team checking, You may note that this issue was fixed. With this, I would suggest you try it again. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi