Generate Historical Metrics without a Keyword plan for a particular location / language

Bruce Axtens

May 18, 2022, 4:37:14 AM5/18/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
As one Adil Khaji posted recently in another forum:
<quote>
We can use the method GenerateKeywordHistoricalMetrics to generate search volume information, even when the keyword plan is not created.
Refer to the below location for the method details

But as part of this method in the HistoricalMetricsOptions, we can only pass start and end date, how can we get the search volume for a particular location and language?
</quote>
We'd like to know that answer to this one too.

-- Bruce.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 19, 2022, 1:51:36 AM5/19/22
to bru...@searchsmart.com.au, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API team.

Moving forward, as you mentioned, "We can use the method GenerateKeywordHistoricalMetrics to generate search volume information, even when the keyword plan is not created.", kindly note that you need to create a keyword plan for you to be able to include the language and location.You may follow this guide for more information.

Regards,
Google Logo
Carmela
Google Ads API Team