How to Update the Labels for Dynamic Page Feed Assets?

Nellle Rickchards

May 15, 2022, 12:49:29 PM5/15/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I've followed the Google guide for creating Dynamic Page Feeds in our Google account:  https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/dynamic-search-ads/dsa-page-feeds#asset-based_workflow_for_creating_dsa_page_feeds.

I'm now trying to write a script to help us update the Dynamic Page Feeds Assets Labels in bulk.  For Example, all assets were uploaded with a label "IN_STOCK", we would like to do a daily update that will update labels  to "OUT_OF_STOCK" if a product is sold out.

I couldn't find any examples on how to do this, but I believe it's possible as it looks like the AssetOperation does have an update operation: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v7/AssetOperation

Can you please lend some help/guidance on how to update Page Feed Asset Labels? Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 16, 2022, 4:31:34 AM5/16/22
to ne...@fortnine.ca, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nellle,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API team.

Moving forward to your concern, "Can you please lend some help/guidance on how to update Page Feed Asset Labels?", it seems that this is specifically about updating Page Feed Asset Labels. With this, you can use the AssetService which is the Service to manage assets. Asset types can be created with AssetService are YoutubeVideoAsset, MediaBundleAsset and ImageAsset. TextAsset should be created with Ad inline.

Regards,
Google Logo
Carmela
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2at3IA:ref

Nellle Rickchards

May 17, 2022, 10:12:00 AM5/17/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Carmela,

Thanks for the input. I was able to create a page_feed_asset (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v10/PageFeedAsset)  but I'm having difficulty UPDATING the "labels" field of existing page_feed_asset. I could not find any code examples showing how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 18, 2022, 8:53:22 AM5/18/22
to ne...@fortnine.ca, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nellle,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since you said you are having difficulty in updating the "labels" field of existing page_feed_asset, could you privately provide the complete request and response logs with request ID generated on your end?

Also, we do not have code examples for page_feed_asset, but we have examples to create a new image asset from a URL of raw image data as documented here. However, as per key point in this guide, the AssetService only supports create operations. Once an asset is uploaded to an advertiser's account, it cannot be changed or removed programmatically.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar