Share audiences between accounts in MCC using API

er...@exposebox.com

Jul 3, 2018, 6:30:45 AM7/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Is it possible for an account to share audiences with its MCC (parent account) programmatically (using Adwords API)?

It means I'll have to perform the following steps programmatically:
  1. Enable audience sharing
    1. MCC: Admin Tab > Choose Account > Edit > Re-marketing Account > Change to this manager
    2. Client: Account Settings > enable Remarketing list sharing (toggle)
  2. Share existing audience
    • MCC: Shared library > Audiences > Add Re-marketing List > Add list created by a client > choose a client account audience to share

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6123188

Source 2: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/API-Share-audiences-between-accounts-in-MCC/td-p/931293

Thank you.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jul 3, 2018, 2:45:53 PM7/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I'm afraid sharing remarketing lists with its MCC account is currently not possible using AdWords API. You need to do this in the AdWords UI using the instructions provided here. Please keep an eye on our blog for any updates or announcements related to this feature.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

er...@exposebox.com

Jul 31, 2018, 11:46:13 AM7/31/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I've continued to investigate this feature and found a property named AccountUserListStatus from BasicUserList which show the current "share status" of an audience.

I also understand from the documentation that this property can be changed.

With this new knowledge, can you tell me if I can use this property to share a specific audience (given that the user have already enabled audience sharing with its MCC)?

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jul 31, 2018, 5:22:56 PM7/31/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Eran,

The AccountUserListStatus will only indicate the current status of the share if it is still active or inactive. You will not be able to use this to share audience between manager and client accounts.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Martin SangDo

Oct 15, 2019, 11:12:05 PM10/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, is it supported it now?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 16, 2019, 3:06:54 AM10/16/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, sharing audience between manager and client accounts is still not available in the AdWords API. You may follow our blog for any relevant updates on this topic.

Regards,
Hiroyuki
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKNRiL:ref