Trying to add Audiences to Display Campaign/ Adgroup

FW API

Aug 8, 2022, 5:48:38 AM8/8/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hey,

I'm trying to add audiences to my ad group, but i'm getting this error:

Audience is not allowed to attach when use audience grouped bit is set to false.

When trying to change the audience grouped bit in my campaign builder, i'm getting this error:

operation_access_denied_error: OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CAMPAIGN_TYPE
message: "This operation is not permitted on this campaign type"
trigger {
  string_value: "DISPLAY"
}

Am i doing something wrong or is it not possible to add audiences to DISPLAY Campaigns.

Thanks for your help.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 8, 2022, 9:55:39 AM8/8/22
to api.fw...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For our team to further check this, could you provide the complete API logs (request and response with request-id) generated on your end?

You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2dIQpG:ref

Adam Walters

Sep 26, 2023, 3:24:02 PM9/26/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Was there a solution to this? I am having the same problem.