Grow and streamline your farm sales!

cas...@thelandconnection.org

Apr 28, 2022, 11:15:27 AM4/28/22
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
WH banner.png
Gain efficiency and flexibility!
Streamline your sales through distribution.

Selling your product into the wholesale market doesn’t just make things more convenient for the consumer, but can also increase your efficiencies and flexibility on the farm.

Join us on Monday, May 9 at PrairiErth Farm in Atlanta, IL (registration closes May 5) for an all-day intensive workshop where we’ll work through why, when, and how to work with distributors. We’ll learn from distribution partners James Carbine, former CEO of Local Foods, and Alex Frantz, Director of Local & Sustainability at Midwest Foods, as they explain why distributors do what they do and how you can use them to achieve your goals. Jim and Alex will be joined by local farmers who will share what they’ve learned from years of working with distributors.
  • Understanding your cost of production
  • Margin vs. Mark-up vs. Profit
  • Situating distributors within the value chain
  • How to identify the right distribution partner for your operation
  • Mechanics of working with distributors (packing & grading; storage & handling)
  • Maintaining your brand identity and preserving your unique story
  • Certifications and how they can support your pricing strategy
  • Safety regulations and records
  • and more!
The deets.
What: Grow Your Farm Business: Accessing New Markets Through Distribution
When: May 9, 9:00am-5:00pm (registration will close May 5 at 11:59pm CT)
Where: PrairiErth Farm | Atlanta, IL
Cost: $75 (lunch included)*

Learn More & Register: https://thelandconnection.org/event/distribution-wksp/

*if cost presents a barrier to participation, please contact Cas...@thelandconnection.org.