Community Food Navigator - Seed Starters Opportunity

Sydney Coyle

May 17, 2022, 4:21:09 PM5/17/22
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture

Hi all!

This is Sydney Coyle with the Community Food Navigator. We’re excited to share an update on the Navigator and invite you to join us in our next phase of work.

The Community Food Navigator is a community-powered project working to build and offer collaborative tools and ways to hold space that are developed by and with Black, Brown, and Indigenous food growers, producers and organizers in Chicago who work to create more ownership, choice and agency and a just food system for their communities.

As a result of many conversations, the Community Food Navigator is developing a mobile app to create a communal space for all those working in this space that is driven by the spirit of collective care, among building community with growers, food mobilizers, educators, and organizers.

We are excited to expand the Navigator community through a role we are calling Seed Starters. Seed Starters will be among the first users of the beta version (the still-in-work version) of the mobile app this summer.

You will be compensated for using the app and giving your feedback about how it works for you by using it to connect with others, form groups, and share information, tips, events, knowledge and resources in support of your work and others’ who grow and produce food, mobilize and organize that food and teach others about locally grown food.

Plus, you’ll get the chance to connect in-person and virtually with other food growers, mobilizers and producers motivated to build and sustain community-driven food systems and who will also be trying and testing the Navigator app this summer.

The Community Food Navigator centers first on strengthening connection and collaboration across Black, Brown and Indigenous food growers and producers and all organizers and advocates who are motivated to build community driven food systems that prioritize collective care and food sovereignty.

If this sounds like you, please share your interest here so that together we might ready this tool to support its public release later this fall! And reach out to schedule a time to connect if we can answer any questions and learn more about your work.

Check out the attached document with more details.

Thank you for considering this opportunity!

Best,

Sydney

Seed Starter Role Description.pdf