Workshop: Tomato Care for Higher Yields - Crystal Lake, IL - August 11

Sheri Doyel

Jul 22, 2024, 2:12:47 PM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to Digest recipients

Tomato Care for Higher Yields
SUNDAY, AUGUST 11 | 1–4 P.M.
McHenry County College
A229 8900 US Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, IL

Providing ideal care for your tomato crop leads to greater yields, which leads to higher profit, and more tomatoes for your family or for canning. So, what is this “ideal care of tomatoes”?

Join adjunct faculty Rich Tobiasz in the classroom for a presentation on soil, fertility, and methods of minimizing disease and pest issues. Then we’ll move outside to see and discuss tomato production methods on the MCC Student Farm in both the high tunnel and outdoors.

What varieties are we growing here at MCC, and how do we work to increase yields in both environments?

Join us!

Sheri Doyel, Director

Center for Agrarian Learning

P: (815) 479-7618

sdo...@mchenry.edu

8900 US Hwy 14

Crystal Lake, IL 60012

  [www.mchenry.edu]www.mchenry.edu                                   www.mchenry.edu/cal/

Sheri Doyel

Jul 22, 2024, 8:04:46 PM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to Digest recipients