Happy Mothers Day from Star Farm!💐May 22nd Farm-Table Brunch, Farmer Featurettes, and Produce GIVEAWAYS! 🌱

Stephanie Dunn

May 12, 2022, 2:38:25 PM5/12/22
to advocates-for-urban-agriculture

Logo

Happy Mothers Days Weekend!

We are celebrating all the moms that work on our team, our incubator farmer moms, and all the hardworking mothers we share our delicious produce with! Cheers to all the mothers, mother-figures, mother-nature, and we hope you all celebrate motherhood in its varied forms!

Star Farmer Featurette: Danis

Food and gardening is important to me. It helps me connect to nature. And I learn so much using different tools, identifying plants, and I’m able to make healthy choices and feed my family in a more nourishing way. I love networking and meeting new people at Star Farm!

Corporate Workdays Rock Our World!

Thank you so much to Ernst and Young, NORC and ComEd for spending your Days of Impact on out urban farm! These hard working teams have done tremendous work in moving compost, mulch, planting, harvesting, packing bags, and more. Thank you so much for choosing Star Farm for your team building days and your charitable contributions!!

Book Us for your Next Company or Alumni Workday!

Pop-Up Season Begins!

In 2021 we did 62 pop-ups, and this year we’re focused on regular pop-us with clients throughout the year to introduce local, seasonal produce and a farmstand experience across the city! This year we’re working with Chicago Commons, Chicago Park District, the YWCA, and Insight and Swedish Hospitals among many more to bring the farm to where the people are: As a Mobile Farmers Market, we accept all benefits, including WIC, Senior Farmers Market Coupons, LINK, and DOUBLE LINK dollars as well!

Interested in bringing the Mobile Market to your clients? Want to sponsor a farmstand experience for your students, clients, or even co-workers? Get in touch!

Email the Star Farm Team

Star Farm Associate Board Opportunity!

We’re so excited to re-launch our Associate Board since covid! The Associate Board is a wonderful opportunity for you to flex your professional skills and gain new ones by helping a great organization! Associate Board members assist with networking, building events, media strategy, and enjoy getting dirty in the garden as well! Fill out the survey below if you’re interested and let’s have a great season together!

Associate Board Survey

Join us for a Farm to Table Brunch!

It’s Spring and the best way to celebrate is in the garden enjoying seasonal mimosas and delicious breakfast provisions with friends and family! Enjoy local sausage, egg and veggie mini quiches, delicious baked goods featuring rhubarb and asparagus, and so many more delights!

So surprise mom with a ticket to the brunch and see you there!

Purchase Your Tickets

Breaking Ground @ Stckyards Gardens!

With the help of our volunteers and hardworking team, we’re near 50% completion of Phase I construction in just 4 weeks! This is the 8th farm that Star Farm has built, and will feature an outdoor classroom, kitchen, community orchard, and LOTS of artwork! We’re so happy to be able to activate the site with flowers, artwork, and planting this season after six years working towards the acquiring the land. Yay!!

Cooking Demos & Produce Giveaways!

Did you know that Star Farm does nutrition and cooking demos?! What makes them extra special is that we do it with LOCAL PRODUCE often grown right here in the city! We love sharing these experiences with elementary students, seniors, and everyone in between! Coupled with a bag giveaway that includes the produce featured in the cooking demo, these are super fun ways to get more folks loving local!

Contact Us to bring the experience to your clients!

Inquiries

Star Farm Hosts the 3rd Public Health & Safety Forum!

As a Community Partner for We Will Chicago, we have the honor of being the liaison between the community and the policy makers. By having open and candid discussions of how to create equity in health, wellness, and safety, especially on the Southside of Chicago, we hope to influence the upcoming Chicago Plan in a transformative way that represents the voices of residents.

Farmers Markets Abound!

Not sure what to do this weekend? Visit a farmers market, or all of them! These vibrant markets represent amazing vendors and producers right here in the city—meet the growers, the bakers, the ranchers, and enjoy being outside, snacking, and more. Many markets host workshops, live music, and FINALLY, samples!! Swing by the Star Farmstand and say hi!

Saturdays: Green City Market Lincoln Park and West Loop, 61st Street Farmers Market

Sundays: Logan Square and Wicker Park

Wednesdays: Green City Market Lincoln Park

Thursdays: Rare Bird Mini-Market (8am-10am)

Prefer to get your produce home-delivered? Try out a CSA and we’ll bring the farmers market to your door!

Purchase a CSA Bag

DONATE to Support Star Farm

Every donation goes to support our free community programming, support for women farmers, and our food access initiatives. Please consider donating at any amount to help us have a great upcoming season. We need to build an additional walk-in cooler for our farm ($15,000) and we would love to have folks sponsor our events and produce giveaways! From $10 to $1,000, we greatly appreciate each and every contribution!

Link to Donate
Facebook iconInstagram iconWebsite iconEmail icon
Logo

Copyright (C) 2022 star farm chicago. All rights reserved.
We send special updates to dedicated urban agriculture followers-thank you for signing up to be reminded about our events and services!

Our mailing address is:

star farm chicago
934 w 50th place
Chicago, IL 60609

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp