Upcoming Programs - Please Share

Batka, Sarah Christine

Jul 10, 2024, 4:28:04 PMJul 10
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture

I wanted to share flyers for
two upcoming programs : Field Day 7/31 and MUFTP program  - that we’re hosting
a grant opportunity for Cook Co. producers
a Job Opportunity with Extension
and lots more.

NRCS Conservation Practices Field Day

Wednesday July 31, 2024, 5:30 - 7:30 pm

Location: Star Farm, 5156 S. Carpenter, Chicago
high tunnel and pollinator strips
NRCS Agents Joseph and Alicia confirmed.
Free but pre-registration requested

go.illinois.edu/NRCSFieldDay

2024 MUFTP Applications Open Now – Aug 5
Twelve weeks on Monday nights from 6 - 8 pm on Zoom
September 23 - December 9, 2024
Field Day Saturday September 28, Matteson, IL
$150 course fee

Info about the program go.illinois.edu/MUFTP
2024 Application link
go.illinois.edu/urbanfarmer

USDA Innovative Urban Ag Micro-grants

Up to 25k for Cook Co. producers.

https://emails.illinois.edu/files/48/536343748/iamchigrants2024.pdf

Job Op: Visiting Extension Outreach Associate, Urban and Innovative Agriculture
U of I Extension, Cook Co. Matteson, IL
https://go.illinois.edu/1025267

Call for Speakers - Everything Local Conference
Jan 29 - 31, 2025 in Springfield, IL
Submit a Speaker/Topic Proposal by July 31

Purdue Extension Fruit and Vegetable Field Day
July 18, 9:00 am
Throckmorton/Meigs Horticulture Farm, Lafayette, IN

Purdue Small Farm Education Field Day
July 25, 9 am - 12 noon
Purdue Student Farm 1491 Cherry Lane, West Lafayette, IN

CCGA Perennial Distribution for Community Gardens only
Fri July 12, @ 10 am
401 S Central Park Ave, Chicago
$10 Cash Payable on site
RSVP by 3 pm TMRW  July 11, to
mamieg...@gmail.com

Grace Seeds Ministry
Tour of Oases Botanic Gardens
Rescheduled from 6/29 to Saturday, July 20, 10 am - 1 pm
Gary, IN
Register by noon on July 17.

Practical farmers of IA.
Hosting a field
day to talk about small scale grain processing, Navigating federal programs and certification processes,

and underseeding starts around 4pm till 6:30 or so BYOB we will provide food and drink so please register if your coming and you want to eat! I'm sure we will be hanging out afterward.  Lots to talk about!
https://practicalfarmers.org/events/field-days/2024-field-days/going-with-the-grain/
https://practicalfarmers.org/events/field-days/2024-field-days/

Agronomy Field Days  Illinois
range from small grains, weed management, hemp research open house and more.

Organic Certification Cost Share Program
Up to $750
Apply Now Through October 31.

IL Stewardship Alliance
Setting the Table for a Better Food & Farm Future Events
Listening and Advocacy sessions, food and networking
July 10 - Palos Park
July 25 - Depaul University, Chicago
More events throughout the state!

July issue of IL Fruit and Veg News has been Published
Tomato Leaf Mold
Spotted Lanternfly
Long strawberry season
Cicada damage in fruit

https://extension.illinois.edu/newsletters/ifvn/ifvn-vol-30-no-6-july-2024

Northern IL Young Farmers Education CoHort
Meets 4th Monday each Month at 3 pm, So July 22.
Live doc for educational opportunities and Google Meets link.

                Sarah Batka

Local Foods Small Farms Program Coordinator

U of I Extension, Serving Cook County

8753 S Greenwood #100, Chicago, IL 60619

w. 217-300-8636
sba...@illinois.edu

NRCS Field Day at Star Farm 7.31.24.pdf
2024 Cook Co MUFTP Marketing Flyer.pdf
Ad Color - Vst EOA, Urban and Innovative Agriculture.pdf