The Evolved Network

Sebastian White

Aug 23, 2021, 5:53:49 PM8/23/21
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Good Afternoon,

My name is Sebastian White, I am a trained psychotherapist who works with youth and particularly youth who are at risk for gang involvement.  I'm reaching out to all of you because I've recently founded a not-for-profit organization that was recently (January 2021) incorporated in the state of Illinois called The Evolved Network, NFP.  We plan to have a co-existing farm to table restaurant. Uniquely, the foundation of the restaurant will be a holistic therapeutic and learning experience provided by The Evolved Network NFP. This program seeks to care for, serve, educate, and hire impoverished teens to run/work in the coexisting restaurant.

I am reaching out because The Evolved Network, NFP will be offering free virtual programming starting in October for youth ages 12-18. We seek to serve and care for youth that you may have in the wings and wish to serve and care for as an additional service not a competitive one. For each class we will provide a Zoom link as well as access to our virtual white board. Some of our courses may require materials that we are prepared to provide. We would simply ask that we can use your site for pick up opportunities for those youth who are interested and wish to participate in our programs. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity further with us and/or marketing to your youth please reach out. We seek to heal, care, and support and want to join you in this process. I hope to hear back from you and further connect this community.  Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

 Here is a sneak peak of the upcoming programs:

Sustainability: “Money Trees”

A deep exploration of sustainability; mind, body, and soul in relation to our worldly surroundings. Participants will explore self-sustainability through gardening, financial literacy, the preservation of our planet, and their connection with others.

Nutrition: “Soul…Food”

Participants will be engaged in an exploration of what it means to feed their soul without taking essentialist standards of what it means to be healthy. In this program participants will expand their understanding of choice as related to what is meaningful in any particular moment as it relates to what they choose to consume. We will also look at nutrition for the soul through the event of the aesthetic of our interdisciplinary relationship to the land and food as well as soul care of shared communal meals.

Please see the following link for the rest of our program descriptions: https://www.theevolvednetwork.org/programs#new

Sincerely,

Sebastian