HYDVENTURA: Scuba diving + water sports on 12-13 April,2014 - Third Batch

Hydventura_Mail

Mar 11, 2014, 1:11:19 AM3/11/14
to Hydventura-Core

(BCC Intentional)

Hi All,

Due to unavailability of the Vendor we are postponing the trip by one week.

Change of dates – 12-13 April.

Rest Plan remains the same.

The first and second trips for scuba is done till now & we still feel that there are still some of you who were not able to participate, due to certain constraints.

Thus, announcing the Third batch for same.

This trip is open for people from Mysore, Mangalore, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune

Please Reply to hydvent...@infosys.com if interested.

Hi Friends,

Hydventura is planning WATER SPORTS over a span of 2 days (APR 5th – 6th ) near Murdeshwar, Karnataka.

Netrani (also known as Pigeon Island) is a tiny island in India located in the Arabian Sea. It is off the coast of Karnataka. It is situated approximately 10 nautical miles (19 km) from the temple town of Murudeshwara.  This Island has some of the best sites for scuba diving easily accessible from Goa, Mumbai or Bangalore.

Netrani is a coral island and therefore suitable for snorkeling and diving activities. Many varieties of coral, butterfly fish, trigger fish, parrot fish, eels and shrimps can be seen here. Divers have also reported seeing orcas[citation needed] and whale sharks around the island. This island offers diving suitable for professionals. The island adjacent to Netrani is used by the Indian navy for target practice. One could see empty shells rusting around Netrani and adjacent island.

The best time to visit is between December and January. The resort stops taking tourists for snorkeling and scuba diving during June-September because the sea becomes rough.

NO SWIMMING SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR SAME.

The plan goes like this

4th APR: [Friday]

  1. 18:00 hrs: Bus to Murdeshwar.

5th APR: [Saturday]

1.       06:00 hrs: Reach Murdeshwar.

2.       06:15 hrs: Get some accommodation at beach site for freshen up & night stay.

3.       07:00 hrs: Go to the beach, & enjoy the water sports available there.

4.       10:00 hrs: Finish water sports, & have breakfast.

5.       11:30 hrs: Get freshen up at the booked accommodation, & pay a visit to the nearby Murdeshwar Temple.

6.       13:00 hrs: Lunch Time.

7.       14:00 hrs: Come back to the booked accommodation, have some rest.

8.       16:00 hrs: Leave to Yana Rocks for sightseeing, in public/private transport.

9.       20:00 hrs: Come back to Murdeshwar, & enjoy the dinner here.

10.   21:00 hrs: Campfire at beach, & play some games before sleeping.

11.   22:00 hrs: Sleep Gurrr... gurrrr..gurrrrrrrrr.

        6th APR: [Sunday]

1.       06:00hrs: Wake up, freshen up.

2.       07:30 hrs: Have breakfast at nearby eatery.

3.       08:00 hrs: Start to Nethrani Island for Scuba diving.

4.       09:30 hrs: Scuba diving (It includes the pool training, snorkelling & other related things).

5.       16:30 hrs: Scuba diving Ends.

6.       17:30 hrs: Freshen up at the booked accommodation.

7.       18:00 hrs: Come back to Murdeshwar/Bhatkal  to board the return bus.

        7th APR: [Monday]

1.       06:00 hrs: reach Hyderabad

    Things to carry:

1. Rucksack/ backpack, with rain cover.

2. Sleeping bag. Swimming costume…if you already have.

3. Plastic ground sheet/ foam mattress; a few plastic covers to keep items dry.

4. Slippers/ floaters for wearing  in water sports/at night.

5. Torch. Also, 1 or 2 candles and matches (inside a waterproof cover).

6. Water Bottle min (2 lt)

7. Toilet kit

8. Camera/Binocular- OPTIONAL

9. First – Aid kit, any specific medicines you need.

10. Traveller’s/Swiss knife ..If you have one.

11. Carry Identification card.

Note:

  1. Pl. do not expect any luxury during the Trip. This is an exploratory trek, and we expect things to go wrong.
  2. No alcohol or loud music. Also we prefer non smokers.
  3. Strictly no plastics to be thrown.
  4. This Trip is open for Infosys and Non-Infoscions as well.
  5. Last date for nomination is 3rd March by 4:00 PM (Strictly). Amount should be transferred to the account number [will be sent once nominations are frozen]
  6. The cost mentioned below is just an initial indicator, actual cost may vary from the mentioned one. We will circulate a actual expense sheet after the completion of activity, & set our accounts even as per the same.
  7. In case of any doubts/queries, please reach out to me @ 9052529918/7799167716.

Difficulty: Easy

Approximate cost of the Trip : Rs 7,000.00/-(HYD-HYD) & Rs. 5000/-(Murudeshwar-Murudeshwar)

Min no of folks: 15           Max no of folks: 25

HydVentura

Please note:

·          HydVentura is an unofficial Adventure club initiated by a few likeminded folks from the Infosys- Hyderabad DC . Infosys is in no way related to the activities being organized by the club .

·          Your friends or team mates in Infosys who wish to join the group can send an email to me to get added in the distribution list (DL). Non-Infoscions can register themselves in the website mentioned above.

·          At any point of time if you want your name to be removed from the DL, kindly drop in a mail to me but not to the DL.

·          Avoid mailing to the DL unless it is inevitable. The DL is a good way to seek and pass information about places and gear, but it is not to be used for arguments. When mailing to the DL, keep it in Bcc to avoid ‘Reply to All’ chain mails.

·          Please update Infy wiki @ http://wiki/Travel with the places that you have been to or aware of, which will provide us more options to organize in coming months.

Infosys e-mail system.