One day trek in Coorg - Kotebetta

Harish Bhosale

Dec 3, 2013, 9:26:22 AM12/3/13
to adve...@googlegroups.com, Vishal Dave, Shashank H. N., shashank shasthri

It has been some time since we did a one-day trek. This one is for those who love trekking, but cannot spare the time for a two-day event.

About the program

Kotebetta is the third highest peak in Kodagu (Coorg) district after Brahmagiri and Thadiyandamol. The name in Kannada means “Fort hill”, because of the fort like appearance of the peak.

Dates

High Level Itinerary

Start from Bangalore on Friday (13 Dec) evening

Reach base camp Saturday morning and start trekking.

Reach peak by afternoon. Lunch on the peak.

Climb down from the peak and reach base early evening.

Watch the sunset at Raja’s seat and start for Bangalore

Return back to Bangalore by Saturday night / Sunday morning

Registration Deadline

10 Dec, 6 PM

Group Size

12 Max

Trip Cost

1500

Grade

Easy-Moderate

Distance Covered

16 KM hike

Elevation gained

~200 metres

How to register

Send a mail with subject Trek to Kotebetta to Harish Bhosale and Shashank Shasthri  cc Vishal Dave with the following details.

Name

Email

Contact Number

Emergency Contact

Residence Location

Blood Group

Make payment to the following account. Please mention <Kotebetta-2013_your_name> in the payment comments

0552 01 500062: ICICI Bank,
Infosys-Electronics City Branch,
Payee: Suma Kumar

Important Notes

• Please do not expect luxury during the trek.

• There wont be toilet facilities on the peak.

• We may have to face showers on the way.

• No alcohol or loud music. Also, we prefer non-smokers.
• Strictly no plastics to be thrown
• This trek is open for Infoscions and non-Infoscions as well.
• If nomination is cancelled, cancellation charges of Rs 1000 will be applicable.

• Contact Harish Bhosale or Shashank Shasthri for any clarification .

Harish, Shashank & Vishal

For Club AdVentura