[Club Adventura]: Night trek to Madhugiri - 19-20th April 2014

Shashank Shasthri

Apr 3, 2014, 12:59:24 PM4/3/14
to shashank...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, shridhar....@gmail.com

Hi all,

 Club Adventura brings to you “NIGHT TREK TO MADHUGIRI” , Tumkur.

 About the program and place

At 3,930 ft (1,200 m) elevation, Madhugiri (13.66°N, 77.21°E) is a single hill. It is the second largest monolith in Asia.[1] Nestled on its steep slopes is a fort, once credited to Hyder Ali. Antaralada Bagilu, Diddibagilu, and Mysore Gate are the three gateways of the fort. A series of doorways leads to the hill. The ruined temple of Gopalakrishna is located at the top. Madhugiri is in Tumkur district of Karnataka and derives its name from Madhu-giri, meaning “honey hill”. It is situated at 102 km from Bangalore

Dates

19th April 2014 (Saturday Evening) – 20th April 2014 (Sunday Morning)

High Level Itinerary

Saturday, 19th April

Assembly at starting point

1600 hours

Break at Dabaspet turning

1730 hours

Reach base of Madhugiri

1900 hours

Briefing and commencing ascent

1915 hours

Completion – reaching the peak

2200 hours

Sunday, 20th April

Sunrise from the peak

0630 hours

Descent from the peak

0830 hours

Breakfast at Dabaspet and return to Bangalore

1000 hours

Registration Deadline

13th April 2014

Group Size

~20, based on first come, first serve basis

Transportation

Bikes and cars. If you do not have one, you can choose to ride pillion or share a seat in a four wheeler. Please let us know while registering if you want to do so.

We will try to find a bike/car for you, but it will depend on the other riders' availability and comfort

Trip Cost

INR 400 per head. This includes the dinner and breakfast + snacks costs only. Transport charges will be extra, based on the vehicle one is travelling in.

How to Register?

Send an e-mail with subject “NIGHT TREK TO MADHUGIRI” to:prana...@gmail.com , shashank...@gmail.com and Cc to  shridhar....@gmail.com with the following mandatory details:

     Name

     E-mail id

     Contact Number

     Two wheeler/Four wheeler (for e.g. bringing a two wheeler or not bringing a vehicle, but would prefer a four wheeler)

     Rider/Pillion

If we haven’t already reached the cut-off number, you shall be informed by one of us to proceed with the online payment.

 Transaction Details

Make the payment to the following account. Please mention: <Madhugiri_2014_your_name> in the payment comments

Account number: 0552 01 500062: ICICI Bank

Branch: Infosys-Electronics City Branch (Bangalore)

Payee: Suma Kumar

 Once the payment is done, please drop a mail with the transaction screenshot/confirmation to prana...@gmail.com , shashank...@gmail.com and Cc to  shridhar....@gmail.com

 Once the registration is closed, all registered members would be required to furnish the following additional information:

     Emergency Contact Number and Relation

     Date of Birth

     Blood Group

     Allergies

     Photocopy of a Govt. of India issued Identity Card

 The details of the same will be communicated to the registered members.

Important notes

     No alcohol or loud music permitted during the program. Also, we prefer non-smokers

     Strictly no plastics to be thrown during the entire duration of the program

     This program is open for Infoscions and non-Infoscions as well

     If nomination is cancelled, cancellation charges of INR 200 will be applicable

     Registration will be strictly on FCFS basis

     Since this is a bike trip, we expect the riders to respect the traffic and road rules

Contact Points

     Pranav:       prana...@gmail.com

     Shashank: shashank...@gmail.com

Regards,