Letter of benediction issued by the Sringeri Peetham upon today's event at Kedarnath

V Subrahmanian

Nov 5, 2021, 1:08:37 PM11/5/21
to Advaitin
image.png

Sri Sri Jagadguru Shankaracharya Mahasamsthanam
Dakshinamnaya Sri Sharada Peetham
Sringeri 577139

In this holy land Bharata many great men took birth and performed extraordinary  ennobling tasks and attained unparallelled  fame. Among such exalted men the name of Sri Adishankara Bhagavatpadacharya shines above all. When the Sanatana Dharma faced severe affliction and when the Vedic path had almost perished, He incarnated in Kalaty, Kerala, refuted the systems opposed to the Veda, taught the entire humanity the essence of Dharma and with a view to the continued propagation of Dharma, he established four Vedic 'Seats' in the holy centres of Puri, Sringeri, Dvaraka and Badari. He ascended the Sarvajna Peetha (Seat of Omniscience) in Kashmir and giving up the mortal coil in the holy Kedar returned to Kailasa.

Thus it is said -

अवतीर्णश्च कालट्यां केदारेऽन्तर्हितश्च यः । चतुष्पीठप्रतिष्ठाता जयताच्छङ्करो गुरुः ||

[Glory to Guru Shankara who having incarnated in Kalaty, founded the four Peethas. and ended His earthly sojourn in Kedar.]

Hence all followers of the Sanatana Dharma ought to remember Him always and express their gratitude to Him. We are extremely pleased to know that keeping this in mind the Prime Minister of Bharata, Hon. Narendra Modi ji will be consecrating in holy Kedar the beautiful image of Sri Shankaracharya on Thursday, the first day of the shukla paksha of the month of Kartika (5.11.2021). On this occasion we extend our blessings to all the followers of Sanatana Dharma.

We pray that the Lord confer upon the Prime Minister who has taken up such a noble task, a long life, health, etc.

Sringeri
Plava, Ashvayuja Krishna Dvadashi
Monday 2.11.2021                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Narayana smaranam