Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Looking for a work of Sri Appayya Dikshitar

V Subrahmanian

Jan 27, 2021, 4:55:52 AM1/27/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: V Subrahmanian <v.subra...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 3:22 PM
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Looking for a work of Sri Appayya Dikshitar
To: BHARATIYA VIDVAT <bvpar...@googlegroups.com>

Namaste

Here is an information of a work of Sri Dikshitar 'Shiva purana tamasatva nirakarana' which is not available now. As per the image below, it was printed at  Adisaraswati Nilaya Press, Madras, Year 1871:  (the third item in the image below)

image.png
Is it possible to procure a copy of that book, either digital or physical, from any place it might be lodged?

Thanks
subrahmanian.v

Divya Meedin

Jan 27, 2021, 8:27:55 AM1/27/21
to advaitin
Namaskaram Sir,

Neither worldcat nor nationallibrary list this title among those published by Vavilla / Adisarasvati Nilaya.
Learnt that Adisarasvati Nilaya Press was later renamed as Vavilla Ramaswami Sastrulu Press  in 1906.
Hope this contact info helps.

If the text is in Telugu, the above search results may have it, since one Google Book mentioned that the Press published Sanskrit and Telugu titles.

Interestingly, both kamakotimandali and shaivam.org list a work titled 'shiva purANa tAmasatva khaNDana' - not sure if it is the same work. A search for this yielded no results.

Will keep looking, Sir.

Thanks & Regards,
Divya

V Subrahmanian

Jan 27, 2021, 11:17:02 AM1/27/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 6:57 PM Divya Meedin <divya...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaskaram Sir,

Neither worldcat nor nationallibrary list this title among those published by Vavilla / Adisarasvati Nilaya.
Learnt that Adisarasvati Nilaya Press was later renamed as Vavilla Ramaswami Sastrulu Press  in 1906.
Hope this contact info helps.

Thanks for the links.  I contacted Vavilla through their FB messenger box and they replied they do not have the book. We have to see if it surfaces somewhere.

If the text is in Telugu, the above search results may have it, since one Google Book mentioned that the Press published Sanskrit and Telugu titles.

I searched here both in English and Telugu scripts to locate the book but could not find.

Interestingly, both kamakotimandali and shaivam.org list a work titled 'shiva purANa tAmasatva khaNDana' - not sure if it is the same work. A search for this yielded no results.

Will keep looking, Sir.

Thanks
subbu

Thanks & Regards,
Divya

sunil bhattacharjya

Jan 27, 2021, 3:26:10 PM1/27/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Dear Subbuji,

I am looking for a copy of the book  " Sri Vidya Tatva Vivaranam" by Appaiya Dikshita. If you have it or you have  any information as to where I can get it from, kindly let me know.

Regards,
Sunil KB

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "advaitin" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/advaitin/CAKk0Te0CxFR%2BLQWFqDdg%3DqnKYW4NCWTPgXc4iQ5qAixYDbfkbA%40mail.gmail.com.

V Subrahmanian

Jan 27, 2021, 11:30:29 PM1/27/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 1:56 AM sunil bhattacharjya <skbhatt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Subbuji,

I am looking for a copy of the book  " Sri Vidya Tatva Vivaranam" by Appaiya Dikshita. If you have it or you have  any information as to where I can get it from, kindly let me know.

Dear Sunil ji,

I have not heard of this work.  I shall enquire with others and let you know if something comes up.

regards
subbu

Ram Chandran

Jan 28, 2021, 10:47:23 AM1/28/21
to advaitin
Namaskar:
The link below contains Srividya Upasana Tattva
https://www.kamakotimandali.com/srividya/utattva.html
this may be of help to you,

regards,
Ram Chandran

sunil bhattacharjya

Jan 28, 2021, 2:52:19 PM1/28/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ram Chandranji. However there seems to be a separate text written by Appaiya Dikshita and that goes by the name Sri Vidya Tattva Vivarana. May be that is lost for ever.

Regards,
skb