Vedas = Seeta, Buddhists = Ravana, Sankara = Sri Ramachandra

V Subrahmanian

May 5, 2023, 3:56:26 AM5/5/23
to Advaitin
At the end of the fourth canto of the Madhaveeya Shankara Vijaya, the author uses this simile, upamana, to convey that the Veda was rescued from the Buddhists by Shankaracharya.
Seeta was abducted by Ravana. Later Sri Rama killed him and saved Seeta. This interesting verse and its commentary can be seen here.
The commentator remarks that Shiva incarnated as Rama can be known from the Skanda Purana. Anyone who knows the reference in Purana may please provide the same.

image.png
image.png
Om

sunil bhattacharjya

May 5, 2023, 3:39:19 PM5/5/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Dear Subbuji,

Without casting any aspersion on the scholarship of Shri Dhanapati Suri, I would like to draw your attention to an episode, which says that when Mother Sita was abducted by Ravana, Shri Ram was distraught so much, that Mother Pravati wondered as to whether Shri Ram remembered or not that he was none but Lord Vishnu. So Mother Parvati disguised as Mother Sita and appeared before the bewailing and disconsolate Shri Ram. Shri Ram immediately recognized Mother Pravati and addressed her as Mother Parvati. I read this long ago and hope you too have read this and may remember the exact source.

In the later part of the episode, Lord Shiva told Mother Parvati that as she disguised as Mother Sita, she would have to take another birth (as Himalaya-putri), to come back to Lord Shiva as his wife,

Regards,
Sunil KB

V Subrahmanian

May 6, 2023, 12:00:40 AM5/6/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Thanks Sunil ji, for reminding me of the story.  I have read it but do not remember the source.

regards
subbu