Announcing adva-cms2

1 view

christopher floess

Oct 10, 2010, 4:00:22 PM10/10/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

We've just posted a new blog entry about the next generation of
adva-cms: adva-cms2.

It's been in development for some time now and was developed for Rails 3
since its inception.

Here's the link to the post:

Comments are of course welcome

We'll be sure to let you know when the first public release is made!

-- Chris

Bartosz Blimke

Oct 10, 2010, 4:05:28 PM10/10/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Where is the link?

Bartosz

Torsten Becker

Oct 10, 2010, 4:15:39 PM10/10/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com

christopher floess

Oct 11, 2010, 12:07:03 AM10/11/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Torsten.

On 10/10/2010 10:15 PM, Torsten Becker wrote:
> http://adva-cms.org/
>
> On 10.10.2010, at 22:05, Bartosz Blimke wrote:
>
>> Where is the link?
>>
>> Bartosz
>>
>> 2010/10/10 christopher floess <skep...@gmail.com

>> <mailto:skep...@gmail.com>>

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> We've just posted a new blog entry about the next generation of
>> adva-cms: adva-cms2.
>>
>> It's been in development for some time now and was developed for
>> Rails 3 since its inception.
>>
>> Here's the link to the post:
>>
>> Comments are of course welcome
>>
>> We'll be sure to let you know when the first public release is made!
>>
>> -- Chris
>>
>> --

>> <mailto:adva-cms%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Jeroen van Dijk

Oct 11, 2010, 10:22:57 AM10/11/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Very good to hear this and I'm looking forward to the result. Is there a sneakpreview available?

Not sure if this is still relevant with the new architecture, but if can do two suggestions I would replace Paperclip with the more modular and cleaner Carrierwave (http://github.com/jnicklas/carrierwave) and I would rethink the admin interface of Cells. Cells are really powerfull, but is not userfriendly with the current XML kind of configuration. In combination with FCKEditor it actually screwed up a few times for us.

I'm currently involved in a project that uses Browsercms. Although Browsercms lacks a few things Adva has out of the box (like proper localization, multisite, clean code), they really got the admin interface right and their versioning is really powerful.

Just my 2 cents. Please let me know if you want more feedback or anything.

Jeroen

Joseph Ridgway

Oct 11, 2010, 11:55:49 AM10/11/10
to adva-cms
Is there a Github repo we can watch? Thanks.

christopher floess

Oct 12, 2010, 3:26:18 AM10/12/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

not yet, but there will be. We're cleaning it up atm :)

-- Chris

Matthias Viehweger

Oct 13, 2010, 4:03:09 PM10/13/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeroen!

> Very good to hear this and I'm looking forward to the result. Is there a
> sneakpreview available?

I'm sorry, not at the moment. I am not even sure that we'll do a
sneakpreview. The closest thing to a sneak preview is
http://adva-cms.org itself as it is self-hosted.

> Not sure if this is still relevant with the new architecture, but if can
> do two suggestions I would replace Paperclip with the more modular and

> cleaner Carrierwave (http://github.com/jnicklas/carrierwave) [...]

Funny that you mention Carrierwave. In fact, we are using it for the new
adva-assets gem. I don't know if we can add it to first release, but I
really like the fact that you came to the same conclusion as we did.

> Just my 2 cents. Please let me know if you want more feedback or anything.

Thanks for your feedback. We all hope that we can soon give you real
code to play and work with.

Regards,
Matthias

Petrik de Heus

Oct 20, 2010, 7:25:45 AM10/20/10
to adva-cms
What library will you be using for adva-user? Devise?

Thanks,
Petrik

On Oct 13, 10:03 pm, Matthias Viehweger <kr...@kronn.de> wrote:
> Hi Jeroen!
>
> > Very good to hear this and I'm looking forward to the result. Is there a
> > sneakpreview available?
>
> I'm sorry, not at the moment. I am not even sure that we'll do a
> sneakpreview. The closest thing to a sneak preview ishttp://adva-cms.orgitself as it is self-hosted.
>
> > Not sure if this is still relevant with the new architecture, but if can
> > do two suggestions I would replace Paperclip with the more modular and
> > cleaner Carrierwave (http://github.com/jnicklas/carrierwave) [...]
>
> Funny that you mention Carrierwave. In fact, we are using it for the new
> adva-assets gem. I don't know if we can add it to first release, but I
> really like the fact that you came to the same conclusion as we did.
>
> > Just my 2 cents. Please let me know if you want more feedback or anything.
>
> Thanks for your feedback. We all hope that we can soon give you real
> code to play and work with.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
>  smime.p7s
> 7KViewDownload

christopher floess

Oct 20, 2010, 7:51:54 AM10/20/10
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Petrik, it's devise.

-- Chris

dan

Oct 25, 2010, 3:50:41 PM10/25/10
to adva-cms
just wanted to add that i look forward to next rails 3 release