bundle install takes forever

jujudellago

Mar 15, 2011, 11:26:34 AM3/15/11
to adva-cms
I wanted to try the rails3 version of adva-cms, I followed the
instructions on the github rebository, the first clone of adva-cms and
the creation of a new project with thor worked fine, but in my new
application folder, running "bundle install" never ends, it hangs on
the the message "Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/"
(even after 10 hours)

Bundle install often take a pretty long time in my other project, but
always works.

I noticed I was using Ruby patchlevel 174 on my macbook, I saw mention
there was issues with patchlevel prior to 250, so I upgraded to the
latest with rvm (330) but the problem remained the same.

To solve it, I copied the adva-* to a vendor/gems directory in my
application, and updated my gemfile as follow

gem 'adva-core', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-core'
gem 'adva-blog', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-blog'
gem 'adva-cache', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-cache'
gem 'adva-categories', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-categories'
gem 'adva-static', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-static'
gem 'adva-user', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-user'
gem 'adva-markup', :path=>'vendor/gems/adva-markup'

I could then run "bundle install" and start my server, saw the
installation screen, picked a title and a home page, and ran into an
error:

undefined method `as' for #<Arel::Table:0x102ee5bf8>

I'm not sure I'll be efficient trying to digg into the code, so I just
wanted to report that the installation is unfortunately not working
out of the box, or maybe have I introduced a bug in the gemfile with
my trick ?

AndreaCGranata

Mar 20, 2011, 8:58:53 AM3/20/11
to adva-cms

On Mar 15, 4:26 pm, jujudellago <julien.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I could then run "bundle install" and start my server, saw the
> installation screen, picked a title and a home page, and ran into an
> error:
>
> undefined method `as' for #<Arel::Table:0x102ee5bf8>

Hi,
The problem is the simple_nested_set incompatibility with Arel 2.0.9.

Try with Arel 2.0.7

Bye,
Andrea.

jujudellago