Fwd: NYTimes: Senior Housing That Seniors Actually Like

Jeffrey Levine

Feb 4, 2023, 1:35:14 PM2/4/23
to DC Accessory Apartments Forum
Hi All:

Just in case you have seen this recent article in the NYT, on the advantages of ADU’s.

Jeffrey Levine

Feb 4, 2023, 4:34:19 PM2/4/23
to DC Accessory Apartments Forum, Nancy Roth
Hi All:

Thanks to Nancy Roth, I realize that I can “gift"the link to this article, in order that you are able to read it without subscription to the NYT

So I hope you can all enjjoy reading it!

Jeff Levine

On Feb 4, 2023, at 2:31 PM, Nancy Roth <na...@nancyeroth.com> wrote:

Hi, Jeff, thanks for writing.

paywall

noun

pay·​wall ˈpā-ˌwȯl
a system that prevents Internet users from accessing certain Web content without a paid subscription
I get the NYT morning summary, but do not subscribe; just can’t add another newspaper subscription to my daily reading load. NYT does not grant nonsubscribers access to their content. So when I try to read an article in a wall descends hiding the content.

In the WashPost subscribers have an option to gift an article, shown at the top of the text. I use this feature to send articles to out-of-town friends and family now and then. Does the NYT have this feature? Maybe not.

Click on the attached screenshot of a Post article, pointing out the gifting feature fyi.

Best regards,
Nancy

WPOST Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 1.59.27 PM.png

On Feb 4, 2023, at 1:55 PM, Jeffrey Levine <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nancy:

I am unsure what you mean by “Paywall” and how i can gift it to the list?

Thanks
Jeff Levine

<Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.20.23 AM.png>

On Feb 4, 2023, at 1:40 PM, Nancy Roth <na...@nancyeroth.com> wrote:

Thanks. Paywall. Can you please gift it to the list?

Many thanks,
Nancy

On Feb 4, 2023, at 1:35 PM, Jeffrey Levine <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All:

Just in case you have seen this recent article in the NYT, on the advantages of ADU’s.

<Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 9.20.23 AM.png>

Jim P

Feb 5, 2023, 10:32:48 AM2/5/23
to Jeffrey Levine, DC Accessory Apartments Forum, Nancy Roth
Jeffrey, Thanks for an excellent article!!

I'm here both because of possibility of building an ADU on my property- and because of my past (very brief) life as a housing planner.

Are there committees or such in DC government - which have at least some actual influence - where I might consider joining (or just attending regularly) in hopes of enhancing DC housing policy?

Thanks,

Jim P