Certificate of Occupany

Jeremy Davila

Nov 30, 2022, 10:23:31 AM11/30/22
to DC Accessory Apartments Forum
Hi Group!

 I purchased a 2 unit flat in an RF-1.  I submitted for a change of ownership but since its more than 10 years ago since the last CofO they need to reinspect.  Who do i contact to setup the inspection?  Been like a month since i submitted my paperwork.  i'm calling this Hillary Seybold who's number is given but i'm sure its going to a trash voicemail box.  Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Thank you

Ileana Schinder

Nov 30, 2022, 10:49:47 AM11/30/22
to Jeremy Davila, DC Accessory Apartments Forum
hi Jeremy,
how are you? Now that DCRA was split in Dept of Buildings and Licensing (see the transition here)... it has gotten a bit more complicated (until they find their bearings).
Fortunately, DOB is approving permits just as before, in fact, our experience is better. Based on your description, you don't seem to need a building permit, just a Certificate of Occupancy and Business licence (if you plan to rent).
The building inspection is done thru DOB through this link https://dob.dc.gov/ Make sure you select the following
  1. I need to.... REQUEST
  2. Request... HOUSING AND PROPERTY MAINTENANCE INSPECTION
  3. request.
It should take you to this link  after you submit, you'll be assigned an inspector. They will come out and should observe everything and make a few recommendations if there's no compliance. For example: bars on bedroom windows, missing smoke detectors, etc.
I hope this helps!
ile

PS: Wait, don't go... My book "Housing for Humans" is available!

ileana schinder, Architect
AIA, LEED AP BD+C

i...@ileanaschinder.com
o: 202-381-7463 / c: 202-431-6760

http://www.ileanaschinder.com

JEAN POITEVIEN

Nov 30, 2022, 11:01:12 AM11/30/22
to Ileana Schinder, Jeremy Davila, DC Accessory Apartments Forum
Hi Ileana, Jeremy:

It looks like the link sent was to schedule a BBL inspection.

I think what Jeremy needs is the CO Zoning inspection.

Jeremy, please email the DOB/DLCP customer service dcr...@dc.gov. They will direct you to the zoning inspections division.

Please ensure that you put the CO# assigned to you on the subject line.

Thank you. Jean

If you enjoyed the experience, please leave us a review on Google with your comments.

Jean Poitevien

BBL PROCESSORS

Part of the AFREM SERVICES Network

PO Box 9585

Washington DC 20016

(D) 202-747-4181

(F) 844-342-7087

(E) jean.po...@bblprocessors.com

(W) www.bblprocessors.com

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.