Multiple dwelling adu

Shadonna Logan

Jan 2, 2023, 5:54:09 PM1/2/23
to DC Accessory Apartments Forum
Hello All,
Is it possible to convert a single family dwelling (RF1) into a multiple room ADU.  There is no basement or attic.

Ileana Schinder

Jan 4, 2023, 8:09:43 AM1/4/23
to Shadonna Logan, DC Accessory Apartments Forum
Hi Shadonna,
How are you? The answer is "yes" and "no". Depending the size and shape of the lot and building you could subdivide the existing structure in other ways. You could also add a detached (or attached) structure depending on the conditions of the building you have. Lots of variables to think about!
Feel free to reach out with more details and I'm happy to give it a look.
Cheers
ileana schinder, architect

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 5:54 PM Shadonna Logan <shado...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,
Is it possible to convert a single family dwelling (RF1) into a multiple room ADU.  There is no basement or attic.

PS: Wait, don't go... My book "Housing for Humans" is available!

ileana schinder, Architect
AIA, LEED AP BD+C

i...@ileanaschinder.com
o: 202-381-7463 / c: 202-431-6760