RED_TICK for what? (draw 9-patch tool)

Keiji Ariyama

Jan 28, 2013, 11:36:45 AM1/28/13
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The lately "draw 9-patch tool" is able to draw RED_TICK.
RED_TICK is red(0xFFFF0000) color pixel.

This is for what?

The RED_TICK constraint is commented that is "for Layout Bounds".
But It seems to do not affect preview pane(StretchView).

Would you give me more details about RED_TICK.

Because, I'm tring to full-rewrite "draw 9-patch tool" with SWT.

See attached picture. I have implemented editor and preview(not
including content paddings).
And in the not distant future, "draw 9-patch tool" will be integrated
into ADT.

My goal is that contribute this tool for AOSP.

Thanks,
Keiji
Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 1.05.43 AM.png

Tor Norbye

Jan 28, 2013, 12:09:17 PM1/28/13
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keiji,
this is to support "layout bounds"; see for example
though I don't know if this feature is complete yet which is probably why it's not documented.

-- Tor

Keiji Ariyama

Jan 28, 2013, 12:41:43 PM1/28/13
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tor,

Thank you for your taking information!

I understand RED_TICK is needed, and the Preview pane(StretchView) can
ignore RED_TICK...

Keiji