Error importing project that uses java and maven plugins

Traun Leyden

Dec 8, 2014, 8:45:54 PM12/8/14
to adt...@googlegroups.com

I'm using Android Studio 1.0 (build 135.1629389) and I'm getting an error importing a project using these steps:

$ cd couchbase-lite-android-liteserv
$ git submodule init && git submodule update
$ In the Android Studio  "Welcome" screen, choose "Import Non-Android Studio project" and choose couchbase-lite-android-liteserv/settings.gradle

Here's the error from the idea.log file:

and here is the build.gradle file inside the sub-project that seems to be causing the issue.

If I remove everything related to the maven plugin, as in this updated build.gradle, then the problem goes away.  But that's not a viable option, since I need the ability to publish maven artifacts for the project.

I haven't tried using the maven-publish plugin instead of the maven plugin -- is that the recommended plugin for the use case of publishing maven artifacts?  (when would you want to use the maven plugin?)

PS: congrats on 1.0!

Xavier Ducrohet

Dec 8, 2014, 8:50:02 PM12/8/14
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Well looks like the problem is in the Maven plugin for Gradle itself. We might need to report this to Gradle itself.

at org.gradle.api.plugins.MavenPlugin$4.execute(MavenPlugin.java:133)
at org.gradle.api.plugins.MavenPlugin$4.execute(MavenPlugin.java:124)
at org.gradle.configuration.project.DelayedConfigurationActions.execute(DelayedConfigurationActions.java:27)
at org.gradle.configuration.project.DelayedConfigurationActions.execute(DelayedConfigurationActions.java:22)
at org.gradle.configuration.project.ConfigureActionsProjectEvaluator.evaluate(ConfigureActionsProjectEvaluator.java:34)
at org.gradle.configuration.project.LifecycleProjectEvaluator.evaluate(LifecycleProjectEvaluator.java:59)
... 63 more

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

Traun Leyden

Dec 8, 2014, 8:57:12 PM12/8/14
to adt...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!

I've filed an issue with the Gradle folks and will keep this thread updated.