New GMAC Source Code

Isaac Gelado

Feb 8, 2011, 1:33:27 PM2/8/11
to ADSM Users
Dear All,
we have been working since summer to do a complete rewrite of GMAC.
Previous versions were based on the initial prototype we develop as a
proof of concept, so many code was not optimized at all, and there
were bugs spread all over the code.

The new GMAC solves most of the pending issues and offers a much
modular and scalable software architecture. The new release of GMAC
provides the following new features:
- Pinned memory is used for all memory transfers.
- All I/O operations are double-buffered
- New slab allocator to handle small-sized shared memory
allocations
- All previous race-conditions on multi-threaded applications are
solved.

Cheers,
Isaac