Deprecation of AdSense Management API v1.4

Donovan McMurray

Apr 29, 2021, 11:38:13 AM4/29/21
to AdSense API Forum

Version 1.4 of the AdSense Management API is now deprecated, and it will sunset on October 12, 2021. Please migrate to version 2 as soon as possible to ensure you don't run into any issues.

Resources:

Migration guide

Release notes

Reference docs for v2

If you have any questions about migrating, feel free to post a question in this forum.

Thanks,

Donovan McMurray, AdSense API Team

Chris Hefferman

Aug 25, 2021, 12:14:45 PM8/25/21
to AdSense API Forum
Hi there,

I have a few questions that I'd like answered if that's okay:
  1. Is it possible to know if a user's earnings is being held in an AdSense or an AdMob account at all?
  2. In your developer documentation for the 'accounts.reports.generate' method it states that 'the response body contains an instance of ReportResult. However, in my case when testing this on my own earnings for the todays date, I do not receive a 'totals' object - could you let me know why this would be? (see attached response as an example).
  3. Lastly, I just want to clarify my understanding: If a user has only an AdSense account, then I should be using the AdSense Management API v2, however if a user also has an AdMob account, then I should be using the AdMob API entirely instead?
Thank you, looking forward to hearing back from you.
AdSense Earnings Report Result - No Totals.rtf
Message has been deleted

Ad Sense API

Sep 10, 2021, 6:50:40 PM9/10/21
to adsen...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Chris.

Sorry for the delay.

1. The AdSense Management API v2 will not return AdMob data in reporting. Basically, each API returns the reporting data of each respective UI going forward. So if a user gets their earnings data from the AdMob UI, they would need to fetch that data from the AdMob API. There is no combined method to see where the earnings data is, so you might need to query both APIs if you're not sure.
2. The rows and totals fields are only returned if there are non-zero values, and it looks like the report result you attached was empty, so that's why neither of these fields are present.
3. It's possible that a user would need to use both APIs if they have an AdMob account and they use AdSense for non-AdMob functionality. The majority of the time though, you're right in that it's one or the other.

Google Logo
Donovan McMurray
AdSense API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2MijOv:ref