Re: Notes from today's phone call

Bilal Hussain

Oct 30, 2012, 4:53:33 PM10/30/12
to Maryam Jillani, Adeel Qaiser, Muhammad Bilal, Omair Khalid, Mehreen Siddiqi, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Hope you're all well. I wanted to follow-up and see where we were with getting the questions ready for JAT. Is there anything more to add? We should communicate our questions with JAT by the end of the week.

Thanks,
Bilal

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM, <bilal....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Please see my list of preliminary questions below. Feel free to add and/or elaborate on anything I have missed, and hopefully you guys can finalize this list and send it off the NGO within the week. I'm traveling till Oct 29 and will have limited access to email.

Bilal

Structure
1. Please describe the responsibilities of the Board of Directors for Jannat Aziz Trust ("Trust"). What role does the Board have in managing the finances of the Jannat Aziz Hospital ("Hospital")?
2. Please disclose any and all of the Trust's beneficiaries and/or Trustees.
3. Please also disclose the names and titles of any Hospital employees that are part of the Trust's Board of Directors.

Project Beneficiaries
1. The project proposal estimates that 1,500 patients per year will benefit from a b-scan machine at The Hospital. Please describe how this estimate was obtained. Please detail any calculations, sources or assumptions that were relied upon.
2. Please provide detail on the diseases and conditions a b-scan would help to diagnose. Please also provide statistics on the prevalence of these diseases and conditions in district Vehari for the past 3 years.
3. How many people were referred to other hospitals for b-scans? Is there an estimate of how many patients were in-need and were being treated free of cost?

Equipment Cost and Specifications
1. Please provide detailed specifications regarding the make and model, and any other identifying information, of the B-scan. Why was this specific make and model chosen?
2. What is the useful life of this equipment? Please detail the amount and type of expected maintenance costs on an annual basis.
3. Where did the Hospital get the price quote of the equipment?

On Oct 15, 2012, at 4:44 AM, Maryam Jillani <maryam....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello team,

Here is a brief summation of what we discussed during the conference call today:

Initial questions/concerns:

The number of scans listed in the project proposal is really high. Based on Bilal's research, an average number of scans in this area shouldn't exceed 150 per year (Bilal H, I think this was the rough estimate but I maybe wrong). We need additional details regarding how Jannat Hospital came to this number.

What is the exact role of the chairman of the board? Does he play a role in operations and/or make decisions regarding the finances of the hospital?

What is the relationship between the trust and the hospital? Is the hospital one of multiple entities that the trust manages?

Where did the hospital come up with a quote of the equipment? We will need specifications regarding the model, brand etc. of the machine they are looking at so we can do some research on our end about the price estimate.

What is the number of people who were referred to other hospitals to get their b-scans done? Is there an estimate of how many of these patients were patients in-need/were being given free treatment

Follow-up areas for research

How frequently are b-scans done in neighboring hospitals where patients have to travel to?
What is the number of people who have gotten b-scans in neighboring hospitals?
What is the incidence of the disease that is causing a need for these eye treatments in this specific geographical area?

We also need to think about how we can quantify how the ADP grant will benefit patients in-need. Can this grant be better used to finance other ADP projects?

We also still need to identify who in the team will be the point of contact for the NGO. Muhammad Bilal, would you be interested since you are based in Pakistan and it will be easier logistically because you won't have to juggle time zones.

Bilal and Adeel, please add anything that I may have missed.

Thanks,

Maryam

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Bilal Hussain <bilal....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

The freeconferencecall feature we use on Skype doesn't seem to be working. If you guys can send me your Skype ID's I can create a group conversation.

Thanks,
Bilal

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Bilal Hussain <bilal....@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes I sent her a request yesterday. Is it possible to use the freeconference call ID we've always used?
__________________________________
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Adeel Qaiser <adeel...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:49:33 +0500
Cc: Muhammad Bilal<mbil...@gmail.com>; Omair Khalid<omair...@gmail.com>; Maryam Jillani<maryam....@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ADP-JAT Status Update Call

Guys, we'll need a meeting id for this. Have we requested Mehreen for one?

Maryam Jillani

Oct 30, 2012, 7:20:53 PM10/30/12
to Bilal Hussain, Adeel Qaiser, Muhammad Bilal, Omair Khalid, Mehreen Siddiqi, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bilal,

Thanks for putting the questions tomorrow. The questions look great, the only addition I would make is to the following question:

3. How many people were referred to other hospitals for b-scans? Is there an estimate of how many patients were in-need and were being treated free of cost? What are the estimated additional expense (in Rs.) that patients in-need had to incur as a result of going to the other hospital?

Hope this is helpful. Apologies for the delayed feedback.

Best,
Maryam

Adeel Qaiser

Oct 31, 2012, 11:24:20 PM10/31/12
to adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Bilal Hussain, Muhammad Bilal, Omair Khalid, Mehreen Siddiqi
This list looks good to go. Thanks for putting it together Bilal.

Regards,
Adeel

Bilal Hussain

Nov 15, 2012, 9:59:22 AM11/15/12
to Umair Khalid, Adeel Qaiser, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Muhammad Bilal, Mehreen Siddiqi, Maryam Jillani
Yes, I was just thinking about this. I think it would be useful to have a call with the team, discuss where things stand, and what we still need to do. Does this Sunday at 8pm PST work for everyone?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Umair Khalid <omair...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Haven't heard from you in a while. Are there any action items that i can help out with?

Regards,
Umair

Adeel Qaiser

Nov 17, 2012, 5:15:12 AM11/17/12
to Bilal Hussain, Umair Khalid, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Muhammad Bilal, Mehreen Siddiqi, Maryam Jillani
8 pm PST on Sunday is fine with me.

- Adeel

msid...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2012, 12:25:55 AM11/18/12
to Omairkhalid, Adeel Qaiser, Bilal Hussain, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
I'll send out an invite for 8pm Pakistan time.
Mehreen
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Omairkhalid <omair...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 18:58:18 +0800
To: Adeel Qaiser<adeel...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Notes from today's phone call

Works for me too.

Sent from my iPhone

Bilal Hussain

Nov 17, 2012, 11:33:54 AM11/17/12
to adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Adeel Qaiser, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
Thanks Mehreen!
__________________________________
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 05:25:55 +0000
To: Omairkhalid<omair...@gmail.com>; Adeel Qaiser<adeel...@gmail.com>

Adeel Qaiser

Nov 18, 2012, 10:05:00 AM11/18/12
to adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Bilal Hussain, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
Has anyone received the call details yet?

- Adeel

Bilal Hussain

Nov 18, 2012, 10:16:27 AM11/18/12
to Adeel Qaiser, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
I have not. I believe the invite wasn't sent out
- Adeel

Mehreen Siddiqi

Nov 18, 2012, 10:21:59 AM11/18/12
to adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Adeel Qaiser, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
Apologies. If you atill need the dial in, please use the following:
876318#

Mehreen

Adeel Qaiser

Nov 18, 2012, 10:25:10 AM11/18/12
to Mehreen Siddiqi, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
I've joined the call. Who else is available ?

Mehreen Siddiqi

Nov 19, 2012, 4:56:44 AM11/19/12
to Adeel Qaiser, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
Guys,

Really sorry for not having been able to send the dial in in time.

Were you able to have the call? If not, please let me know when you'd like me to schedule the next call for.

Best,
Mehreen

Adeel Qaiser

Nov 19, 2012, 8:28:22 AM11/19/12
to adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal, Maryam Jillani
Mehreen, we had the call. Thanks.

We've agreed on the following action items:
  1. Request for a volunteer for site visit.
  2. Prepare site visit questionnaire
  3. Get opinion on JAT's responses from a professional in the Public Health domain.
Regards,
Adeel

Maryam Jillani

Nov 19, 2012, 4:03:14 PM11/19/12
to Adeel Qaiser, adp-jat...@googlegroups.com, Omair Khalid, Muhammad Bilal
Hi all,

Apologies for not making it to the call. This weekend wasn't a good time for me. Let me know how I can assist with next steps.

Best,
Maryam