Is DVD-IT! LE not included with Premiere 6.5 ?

Todd Riches

Feb 3, 2003, 8:26:11 AM2/3/03
I just upgraded to Premiere 6.5 (through Pinnacle) for the sole reason of being able to author DVD with the included DVD-IT! Software. However it is nowhere to be seen on the Premiere 6.5 CD. Did Adobe drop this even though the readme.wre on the CD states "SONIC SOLUTIONS DVDit! LE
DVDit! LE 2.5 is provided on the Adobe Premiere 6.5 CD for the creation of DVDs, and can be installed from the Adobe Premiere 6.5 AutoPlay installer or from the Sonic Solutions DVDit! LE 2.5 folder on the CD."

Jeff Bellune

Feb 3, 2003, 8:46:12 AM2/3/03
Unfortunately, not all OEMs (like Pinnacle) include all of the features of the standard P6.5 retail package in their Premiere bundle.

Sorry.

Jeff

mforce357

Feb 10, 2003, 12:22:45 PM2/10/03
What gives? I upgrade to Premiere 6.5 which is basically the full version and includes DVDit LE 2.5 and authoring for creating DVDs, I will sugest to contact Adobe about this issue.

Daniel Jeffery

Feb 10, 2003, 1:42:36 PM2/10/03
I bought the Canopus EZDV with Premiere bundled. It cost me just over 300 UK pounds and came with the full version of Premiere v6.5 - I bought it just as a cheap way of buying Premiere - the EZDV is sitting on a shelf unopened (hardware and software).

There was no DVDit. But having effectively got Premiere at a little over half price I am very happy.

Daniel Conklin

Feb 10, 2003, 2:34:29 PM2/10/03
There is also an upgrade available on the Sonic Solutions website. You should download it because it works a lot better.

Mark R. Bailey

Feb 10, 2003, 2:32:36 PM2/10/03
Adobe isn't deliberately keeping anyone from having DVDit! Some OEM partners simply don't offer that option, but in these cases alternate authoring software usually seems to be provided.

If DVDit! is included with your version of Premiere 6.5, it still has to be installed separately. The CD's install menu will have a separate button for Premiere 6.5 and for DVDit!

Mark
MainConcept

Alexander Geschke

Feb 10, 2003, 4:54:38 PM2/10/03
Does DVDit LE come with the Premier 6.5 upgrade that requires the full version of 6.0x?

Mitchell Lerman

Feb 10, 2003, 6:39:02 PM2/10/03
Yes, DVDit comes with the 6.5 upgrade. The 6.5 upgrade requires 6.0...probably any version. DVDit is a separate install on the 6.5 upgrade disc.