audio bug Premiere Pro CS6

A S

Nov 14, 2012, 6:41:42 PM11/14/12
I'm having a very strange problem with audio in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.

Whenever I make a cut in an audio clip, a few seconds of broadband hiss is introduced into it after the cut. The hiss is only there in the exported video. It does not appear after every cut but about 10% of them.

The hiss is equally there when I export into different video/audio formats. It is there when I used different editing codecs. It might only be there for clips I recorded using certain microphones on a Canon 5D II, but the hiss only shows up after I make an audio edit and export the video/audio or just the audio. Sometimes though it shows up right away in PP before export. I don't get this problem from other two other video cameras.

It seems like the problem shows up when editing video shot on a Canon 5D MII with the in camera mic or several shotgun mics, but not with a decent lavalier mic. Changing the edit and export codecs doesn't help the problem.

(i7 960 3.3 GHz, Win 7 sp1 12GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 1280MB, PP 6.02)