can't drag from source panel to program panel or to timeline

DavidNorep

Jan 1, 2011, 11:12:48 AM1/1/11
Premiere CS5 PRO, W7.

I am a beginner and this must be a stupid problem.

I do not suceed to drag a subclip from the source panel to program
panel or to timeline. When the mouse with the dragged clip arrives to
the other panel - a circle-with-diagonal-line icon is added to the
hand.

Reverend Fuzzy

Jan 3, 2011, 8:47:06 AM1/3/11

I've been using Premiere a while, but I just had that happen to me for
the first time, the other day... the problem turned out to be that I
was
trying to drop a clip that had a mono audio track onto video1/audio1
area, and the video1/audio1 was stereo... it doesn't seem to like
that.

The simple soution was to split the audio and video from the source
clip, placing the video where I wanted, but shift the audio to a MONO
audio track... its a bit of an inconveniance, but it worked.